Author Topic: My photo's from Sarek, Sweden.  (Read 2206 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
My photo's from Sarek, Sweden.
« on: 17:02:02, 09/09/16 »
https://flic.kr/s/aHskJ77zTC Rather too many to put on here so I've linked to my Flickr page. I'll get around to writing my trip up sometime.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
Re: My photo's from Sarek, Sweden.
« Reply #1 on: 17:44:44, 09/09/16 »
Fantastic photos Owen.  You make me want to go there now!

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:23:22, 09/09/16 »
Seconded! The photos are superb and the scenery just takes your breath away... What a beautiful place.  :)   O0

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:44:56, 09/09/16 »
I have a good friend who lived in Sweden (he was very good friends with members of Abba)...and he always told me how lovely parts of the country were.  He said it was great for walking, if you knew where to go!

Seems he was right :D  Lovely photos Owen O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

KimE

« Reply #4 on: 17:52:16, 11/09/16 »
Wunderful photos.

You should get a mountain tent its always a risk of snow in the Scandinavia alps.

Dont take so many pictures of reindeers its like taking photos of sheeps.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:11:42, 11/09/16 »
Wunderful photos.

You should get a mountain tent its always a risk of snow in the Scandinavia alps.

Dont take so many pictures of reindeers its like taking photos of sheeps.

Yes I can see that but we don't have reindeer here only red deer so to me their different. That tent was a bit of a gamble, it was an attempt to keep the weight down. It only weighed 700g, no poles you use your walking poles instead. The snow wasn't so much of a problem I just kicked it from inside every so often. Heavy rain came through the fly three times, the roof of the inner is only netting so the water dripped onto me and my sleeping bag got a little damp, but I managed to dry it out each time. I do have a much stronger solo tent, much better in snow and never leaked yet, but it weighs 1.9kg. I'm not sure which tent I'll take next year or whether I'll buy yet another one.   

Tomo

« Reply #6 on: 06:38:02, 12/09/16 »
Twenty years ago a few friends and I planned to hike the Kungsleden trail (I had a mad scheme to climb Kebnekaise too!). We bought the maps and started to plan the trip but time, money and enthusiasm fizzled out and we never went. 

Seeing your photos makes me want to go again! - thankyou :)

KimE

« Reply #7 on: 07:12:33, 12/09/16 »
Hilleberg makes Enan 3seasons 1,2kg and Akto 4 seasons 1,7kg but they are expensive.

Exped, fjällräven, bergans makes nice nordic model tents for windy conditions, its nice to have a westibule to make food inside.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:23:14, 12/09/16 »
Hilleberg makes Enan 3seasons 1,2kg and Akto 4 seasons 1,7kg but they are expensive.

They are, The Atko retails here at £490 (5,550 SEK) and the Enan at £550 (6,220 SEK). I've been looking at a few different tents but not Hilleberg. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy