Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276520 times)

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #180 on: 19:11:31, 07/02/17 »
Today I went up to Bamford Edge, along it and down to the Cutthroat Bridge and then up onto Derwent Edge as far as White Tor; then down to Ladybower and walked back into Bamford from there.

It was very wet, muddy and boggy up on Bamford Moor. I went flying at one point but I don't think there was anyone around to see me. That woke me up good and proper.  ;D

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #181 on: 15:16:00, 08/02/17 »
Unfortunately, Mrs Ninthace is not up to long walks at present so we went for a walk round Clatworthy Reservoir just south of Exmoor. Mid week, mid winter - had the place to ourselves. A very pleasant 5+ miles, what a hidden jewel this place is at this time of year. Just goes to show, it does not have to be long to be good.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #182 on: 19:15:02, 16/02/17 »
I walked in Ashdown Forest in Sussex today, a hilly landscape of heathland and enchanting ghylls, with panoramic views.  But very muddy!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #183 on: 19:30:34, 16/02/17 »
SWCP today on coast from Clovelly to Hartland Point. Met a gentleman who was just 200 miles short of completing a round the coast of England walk. Apparently he started 4 years ago by doing Offas Dyke and he sort of carried on doing a bit each year. Surprised to see he was doing it in gum boots but it was working for him. Really nice fellow to talk to.
Solvitur Ambulando

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #184 on: 20:10:21, 16/02/17 »
Had a rather atmospheric walk around, through and above some of the Derbyshire Dales yesterday.  Very misty so didn't get the views we hoped for....but I enjoyed the day anyway! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #185 on: 18:05:02, 21/02/17 »
I walked along the cliffs of Seaford Head today and went down on to the beach at Hope Gap and had a wander around the rock-strewn shore, and walked through Cuckmere Haven to Exceat. 

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #186 on: 18:12:16, 21/02/17 »
I walked from home to Lymm along the Bridgewater Canal and then back along the trans-Pennine trail today. This house always has a magnificent display in Spring, it'll be daffs and tulips in a few weeks:

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #187 on: 18:16:15, 21/02/17 »
Really low cloud base yesterday, around 200ft above sea level if that, so went for a circuit using the SWCP from Fremington Quay covering coast line paths and Tarka Trail. Route was utterly flat and virtually all at a few feet above sea level. Much amused to see gps was claiming over 250m of ascent/descent. Same gpx trace transferred to OS mapping claimed over 100m, trace on GoogleEarth was 60m. I would be surprised if in reality it was more than10m over nearly 13 km of walking. Just goes to show accurate our mapping data is.
Solvitur Ambulando

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #188 on: 21:25:11, 21/02/17 »
Bamford/Stanage Edge area for me tomorrow....a recce for a group walk I'm leading at some point soon  O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #189 on: 00:24:27, 22/02/17 »
First walk of the year - a nice easy 5 1/2 miles with only 1000 ft of up. We're going to Marske, which is on the C2C near Richmond,  not quite a dale, but a nice little valley to wander around.  Gonna see if me n himself remember how to do this.   :D :D
« Last Edit: 00:28:28, 22/02/17 by dittzzy »

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #190 on: 10:54:29, 23/02/17 »
I've bought a train ticket for next week, to Newcastle. Will be walking back to the Huimber Bridge, hopefully. First night booked at the Travel Lodge in Newcastle, no other accommodation booked, see how it goes. If the weather is foul I can always come back on my bus pass, ha ha.

ilona

Murphy

« Reply #191 on: 14:46:56, 23/02/17 »
Was heading for Snowdonia for a couple of nights - supposed to be camping.  Had to abandon due to Doris!   >:( :(

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #192 on: 15:47:23, 23/02/17 »
Doris will blow through today and looks like it will leave good visibility in its wake here in Devon.  Off to do another circular using the SWCP between Heddon's Mouth and Coombe Martin.  Can only do half a day though - the boss has an appointment in Tiverton late in the afternoon and she needs a chauffeur. Still, given the weather this week, 2 walks are better than no walks!
Solvitur Ambulando

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #193 on: 11:12:02, 24/02/17 »
Think we will try the backdoor route into Attingham park, their Snow Drop Walk is always worth a visit, hope we havn't left it too late. The back way may avoid paying but it also adds at least another three miles, which makes it more of a leg stretch.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #194 on: 19:59:12, 24/02/17 »
I did another walk in the Weald today.  I went through Whitehill Wood to the ridge-top village of Frant and then along the High Weald Landscape Trail, which on this section is coincident with the Tunbridge Wells Circular Walk, to Eridge Green.  Beautiful parkland, lakes and woodlands.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy