Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 107390 times)

titch22

Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #990 on: 19:00:53, 12/02/20 »
Took advantage of the fair weather window and did a local walk. Scunthorpe upto Normanby Park. Ok, so only 9 miles, return but I enjoyed it. The icing on the cake was hearing the loud 'tap, tap' of a woodpecker in the park grounds. Couldn't see it, but did spot a tree creeper.

watershed

« Reply #991 on: 20:52:51, 12/02/20 »
Did my favourite walk today, from Collafirth hill to Stonga banks, Over Ronas Hill which was covered with snow. Then along to Lang Clodie Wick. All the five 70 - 80 metre waterfalls were blowing backwords due to the Westerly wind, they were powerful after the last few days rain . I then cut inland, visiting the waterfall at Birka Water, then back up the Northern ridge of Mid Field before contouring around back to Collafirth. Only 11.2 miles with 742 metres ascent but superb wild walking. Plenty of birds including 5 whooper swans, 2 woodcock and 9 White hares.
I visited Lang Clodie Wick last week in the opposite direction following a different route, but the low sun tends to be in your eyes for a big part of the trip ( Still brilliant though)

titch22

« Reply #992 on: 07:01:21, 13/02/20 »
White hares....how amazing. Been on the watch for those in the Peak district recently, without success. The wildlife on your walk must have lifted your spirits and delighted you.

titch22

« Reply #993 on: 08:25:34, 16/02/20 »
Across the Humber Bridge. Mixture of buses and walking from Scunthorpe to Cottingham.  Only because its over 20 years ago that I last did it. Enjoyed the 8 miles.
« Last Edit: 15:56:44, 16/02/20 by titch22 »

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #994 on: 14:56:28, 16/02/20 »
On Friday we did a 3.5 mile walk at Thornham Walks in North Suffolk in anticipation of the storms this weekend. Masses of snowdrops