Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276269 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #165 on: 22:05:30, 11/01/17 »
I've been doing lots of little lunchtime walks at work exploring the (albeit small) pockets of green spaces I never expected to find in such a built up area. Just wish I could get away from the traffic noise!

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #166 on: 18:30:01, 12/01/17 »
I did a nice  12 mile walk /hike from Delamere forest.

From Barns Gate bridge headed North , along the Sandstone trail to Beacon Hill Frodsham .

Stopped for lunch to take In the Panoramic views of  the estuary ,Ship canal and North wales.
 Decided as It was late and only a few hours of daylight .
To go back the easy route and follow ,Delamere way . O0
 Although its tracks and trails some of It Is along lanes .
 This helped as It went dusk after 4pm  and gradually dark by 5pm .
  As It had been a clear sky I was comforted by the crescent of the moon and the Southern star .
 Coming off the lanes of the Delamere Way at Manley common a little hamlet of houses brightly lit.
I turned off to follow the sign for the Sandstone trail and Into the       ( Deep Dark Delamere Forest  :-X :o   It was a bit of a " Squeaky bum time "  without my very good torch I might have wandered off the trail or took a wrong turning .
 This was In the last couple of miles of the walk .
 And I was tired ) As a test I turned off my torch . ::)
 " It was pitch Black " ??? Yikes , My thoughts at the time Oh Suuuuuugar !
  I would :-* not like to even wild camp here . Quite Eerie
 Anyway the trail Is well signposted and the main tracks are very good to walk on underfoot  .

Eventually I could hear the traffic on the Main Ashton heyes road and surfaced onto the tarmac road , with odd cars headlights beaming . Finally got to my car . Had a great day out .
 ZIZAG

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #167 on: 18:56:40, 17/01/17 »
I walked from Eastbourne to Beachy Head and Birling Gap today, in lovely fine, sunny weather   :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #168 on: 18:34:28, 24/01/17 »
I walked on the Sussex coast today along the seafront and beach from Seaford to Newhaven and then on top of the cliffs to Telscombe Cliffs.  It was fine and sunny but suddenly a thick mist rolled in.

Twiggy2

« Reply #169 on: 11:09:35, 25/01/17 »
I walk to work and back at least once per week 4.4 miles ish each way depending on route, I work fairly late though and we over ran last night so not home till ten.
Other than that usually not far from Chelmsford,  Southend on Sea, Shoeburyness or sudbury.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #170 on: 18:55:39, 25/01/17 »
Around Trawsfynydd and Maentwrog today. Brilliant sunshine but oh the wind chill!

oiSarahx

« Reply #171 on: 21:19:34, 25/01/17 »
Looking to do this weekend (Friday-Sunday)
Rukyard Lake
Cannock Chase
Dovedale
Let's hope the weather stays nice!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #172 on: 18:36:03, 27/01/17 »
Today I walked the Fairfield Horseshoe.

One of those days we've all had. Parked up and it was a lovely sunny clear day, Fairfield looking very scenic....fast forward an hour and the scenery has gone, and it's cold mist most of the rest of the walk.

Struggle today, a mixture of being unfit, tired from the drive, lack of sleep and lack of scenery.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #173 on: 19:56:42, 27/01/17 »
Walked up to Cadair Bronwen from Llandrillo this morning. Freezing cold and a ferocious wind - strangely, I didn't see a soul!  ???

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #174 on: 09:28:15, 28/01/17 »
Walked up to Cadair Bronwen from Llandrillo this morning. Freezing cold and a ferocious wind - strangely, I didn't see a soul!  ???
Oddly enough Glyn, we're up that way for a long weekend from next Friday to do a few of the Berwyns  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #175 on: 06:42:05, 06/02/17 »
Walking the Cinder Track between Scarborough and Whitby today and then back again tomorrow. About 22 miles each way  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #176 on: 09:37:26, 06/02/17 »
Wednesday is looking good. No idea yet but I suspect it may involve a canal or a old railway line given how wet it has been in this part of Devon.
Solvitur Ambulando

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #177 on: 09:44:06, 06/02/17 »
I was on Stony Cove Pike in similar conditions this Saturday - had 45 minutes of snow, hail and driving winds. The winds were high on the tops all day.

I too hadn't seen a soul since the car park at Hartsop until four women ran passed in leggings and trainers. They'd just come up from Threshthwaite Mouth so I think they missed the worst of it.
« Last Edit: 10:59:24, 06/02/17 by Percy »

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #178 on: 16:34:15, 07/02/17 »
my plan is moel gornach in the brecon beacons
you have 1 life live it

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #179 on: 18:48:19, 07/02/17 »
I went to Cuckmere Haven on the Sussex coast today, and the tide was a long way out so I walked some way on the rock-strewn shore below the Seven Sisters, with spectacular views of the cliffs towering above.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy