Author Topic: Does a TR need to be a wainwright?  (Read 3135 times)

NewWalkerMark

Does a TR need to be a wainwright?
« on: 16:44:48, 28/09/16 »
Hi All,

Odd question I know, but I don't know where I should put it so I thought I'd ask here. What does a TR need to involve/consist of to be posted and not waste time/space on here?

I've had some much advice and help on here and had people saying to put TR's up, but I've so far done an easy walk around Derwent Water and Castlerigg Stones, Scafell Pike, Latrigg and Binsey. I could put Scafell up, but the rest are small in comparison to the other pictures/TR's i've seen, and i'm not sure my photos are up to the standard of what I've seen  on here  ;D

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
Re: Does a TR need to be a wainwright?
« Reply #1 on: 17:10:08, 28/09/16 »
In a word, no. There are some wonderful walks in the Lakes that don't involve scaling a Wainwright
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

NewWalkerMark

« Reply #2 on: 17:22:42, 28/09/16 »
In a word, no. There are some wonderful walks in the Lakes that don't involve scaling a Wainwright

I'll start sticking some up, when I work out how to do it and which site to use!

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:23:42, 28/09/16 »
Wot Dave said.

As far as I can see, members post TRs about all manner of walks - long or short, lowland or mountain, coast or country, mulri-day or just an afternoon stroll.

I would say that if the report is interesting, informative and engagingly written it doesn't matter how long or short it is, nor where the walk took place.

Yes, many people like to see photos but - to me at least - they are the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Skip

NewWalkerMark

« Reply #4 on: 19:24:57, 28/09/16 »
Wot Dave said.

As far as I can see, members post TRs about all manner of walks - long or short, lowland or mountain, coast or country, mulri-day or just an afternoon stroll.

I would say that if the report is interesting, informative and engagingly written it doesn't matter how long or short it is, nor where the walk took place.

Yes, many people like to see photos but - to me at least - they are the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

You'll regret that when I try and make a trip to Booths sound fun  ;D ;D ;D

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:28:16, 28/09/16 »
Wot Dave/Skip said  O0

... Already looking forward to the Booths trip report  ;D

NewWalkerMark

« Reply #6 on: 20:30:32, 28/09/16 »
Wot Dave/Skip said  O0

It's a report filled with drama,  aggression, road rage, speeding, and me taking on 4 grannies with their tins of cat food... alas the wifi is s bad here that i can't upload to photo-bucket so i'll do it when at home in a week or so :(

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:43:07, 28/09/16 »
It's a report filled with drama,  aggression, road rage, speeding, and me taking on 4 grannies with their tins of cat food... alas the wifi is s bad here that i can't upload to photo-bucket so i'll do it when at home in a week or so :(
ì

Oh, not another one of those. So tedious,  YAWN.

Joking of course. ;)

A trip report can be as long or short as you want to make it, about anywhere you have walked and if you have some piccies then add those too. Post it in the appropriate geographical region board with a relevent title. A simple way of posting pics is post them to FB (you don't have to share them, on FB), then copy and paste into your dialog box on here. (Unless you're a non-facebooker for some long complex reason that we won't care about  ;D).)

Alewife

...beware of the bull!

NewWalkerMark

« Reply #8 on: 20:48:58, 28/09/16 »
ì

Oh, not another one of those. So tedious,  YAWN.

Joking of course. ;)

A trip report can be as long or short as you want to make it, about anywhere you have walked and if you have some piccies then add those too. Post it in the appropriate geographical region board with a relevent title. A simple way of posting pics is post them to FB (you don't have to share them, on FB), then copy and paste into your dialog box on here. (Unless you're a non-facebooker for some long complex reason that we won't care about  ;D ).)

Oooooh I didn't know posting to FB and then copying over was an option. I put 3 albums on FB y'day, but not TR style of stuff, so i could just add more and copy over.
I should look into that!

PeakRambler

« Reply #9 on: 13:17:28, 30/09/16 »
There are plenty of folk who post walks away from Wainwrights, or even the Lakes, there's even some from out of the UK.

So get out there, enjoy your walk, take a few photos and share the experience.   O0

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13:20:43, 30/09/16 »
Wot Dave/Skip said  O0

I had a really interesting trip to Booths today.. I even walked all the 300 yards..   O0
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:55:51, 30/09/16 »
I had a really interesting trip to Booths today.. I even walked all the 300 yards..   O0

Trip report?  Photos?  ;D   :D

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:59:55, 30/09/16 »
I think I've only ever posted one TR and that was about a charity ice climbing session, it included photos but no hills were trodden in it's undertaking.
I'd like to post more but never find the time - too busy reading everyone else's.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 10:01:09, 01/10/16 »
There are plenty of folk who post walks away from Wainwrights, or even the Lakes, there's even some from out of the UK.

So get out there, enjoy your walk, take a few photos and share the experience.   O0

Seconded! I love reading TRs and looking at other people's pictures, many of which on here are way better than I could ever take - and I'm happy with a TR report that has no photos or one that has photos but no text... Though both together is my ideal!  ;)

It's all good, whether it's a different perspective on somewhere I know or discovering somewhere I'd like to go or simply learning about a location I'm never likely to hike in.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy