Author Topic: Snowdon & a little moan  (Read 4708 times)

alewife

• Veteran Member
Re: Snowdon & a little moan
« Reply #15 on: 19:07:10, 24/10/16 »
Well I was walking the South Downs way and nipped behind a hedge to 'smell the blossom' (answer a call of nature). I had just ducked down to relieve myself , when a load of mountain bikers appeared from behind me. What could I do, but carry on peeing, much to the hilarity of my WF companions. Bloody bikers, so inconsiderate >:(

;D
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

PeakRambler

Re: Snowdon & a little moan
« Reply #16 on: 12:16:05, 25/10/16 »
So yesterday i took my partner to Snowdon for the first time and she absolutely loved it. We did the Llanberis path route as its deemed the easier one with it being her first time. The weather was ok, dry which is the main thing but as you gradually got higher and into the mist it got cold so the insulated jackets came out. We had a great day and she's already asking when can we go again  O0  Now onto the moan, its only a little winge but when we were near the top some mountain bikers came down at a ridiculous speed and nearly knocked my partner clean off her feet, the path at this point isn't the widest and i think common sense should be applied here and bikes should be pushed at this point. Apparently its recommended they are in the mountain bike book but its impossible for this to be enforced. My concern is that one day somebody might get seriously injured by a bike at this point.

The last time I did the Llanberis path, I had a similar incident.

There's a few paths in the Peak District which suffer the same insolence!

I've no problem with mountain bikers, just those with a total arrogance and lack of courtesy, which is a shame, because there are some very polite and courteous mountain bikers out there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy