Author Topic: [TR] A Coast To Coast walk from East to West (RHB to St. Bees) in 9 days  (Read 1941 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
There's obviously too much to write about here so if you want to have a look sometime at my trip report and some photos, feel free to read about it on my website at http://brians-walks.co.uk/a-coast-to-coast.html

I had previously walked the C2C twice in 2014 from St. Bees to Robin Hoods Bay and I recently had 10 days holiday and no plans so I decided to see if I could get accommodation to fit a C2C into the 10 days but the only way I could do it was to do it in 9 days and finish at St. Bees on the Saturday late afternoon (no train service on a Sunday) and also carry my own stuff. This suited me fine as I always hoped to do the C2C in the opposite direction to see if it feels better to do the Lakes section first and get it out the way or do it at the end and have the most scenic (but harder) section to look forward to.  I'd say now I've done it both ways that I preferred the Lakes section at the end  O0

The C2C is probably my favourite walk (so far) and one that I feel I will do many more times, if my legs keep working. I only met one person doing the walk in the same direction as myself but met many people doing it the other way, the "traditional" way. The weather was quite kind to me and only really had one wet day out of the nine, most days were dry and warm or just the occasional shower, better than I'd hoped for in mid October.

There were a few longer walking days but to be honest, at no time did I ever feel fed up, I just enjoyed every minute of it. The downside comes when you reach the end and realise that you have to get back to reality  :(
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

alewife

• Veteran Member
A thoroughly good read, and nice photos, whetted my appetite for our walk in 2017. Thanks for sharing.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
A thoroughly good read, and nice photos, whetted my appetite for our walk in 2017. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on, and this will make me jealous and want to do it again, lol
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
Well done Brian,
Finishing the SWCP and another PW for me next year.
But in my head I am doing a back to back C2C in 2018, possibly 19 days with some route variations each way to give variety. RNB to St Bees and back.
Will be 5 years since I did it by then.
Maybe one for you to consider?

John

Rather be walking

Great TR, O0  we walked from St. Bees to Kirkby Stephen in Sept 2016 and plan to complete the second half later in Sept 17.

John
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Jac

• Veteran Member
Great read, thank you. I'm off out for a short walk now  :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
I read this the other night after you put the link on FB Bri.

And I read your Cumbria Way one as well.

Thoroughly enjoyed them both  :)

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
What a great inspirational read! I don't think I could ever achieve your mileage, so hats off to your achievement. Brilliant!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy