Author Topic: Two commons and a secret wood (Epsom to Chessington South)  (Read 995 times)

BlueSwan

A few weeks ago we walked  through Epsom Common and Ashtead commons and on through Prince's Coverts, a secret wood with a an ancient well and coal post.  Until very recently (2014) you needed a key to get out! 

Glorious Autumn colours.

Then over Winey Hill in the setting sunlight and rainbow before finishing at Chessington South station.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Nice pics BlueSwan  :)   You can't beat a good Autumnal walk in the sunshine  O0

BlueSwan

Thanks Mel,

Autumn seemed to go on for months this year....

Mel

• Veteran Member
It still seems to be going on now.  I can't believe there are still leaves on the trees and it's December  :o

pleb

• Veteran Member
Can't beat some good woodland! O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
Having grown up in Leatherhead I just had to look at your route on the map and realised that though I it was an area I don't thin I'd ever walked through.

...and now I know what a 'coal post' is too :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

John Walker

I live quite nearby too and haven't done this walk. Looking at the map it would be possible to take in Esher and Oxshott Commons too, without adding many extra miles/km, and return from Oxshott station.  Might just be time to do it before the autumn ends (it's very warm today, but misty...)
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy