Author Topic: good and trustworthy or bad and avoid websites  (Read 4234 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: good and trustworthy or bad and avoid websites
« Reply #15 on: 16:40:32, 02/01/17 »

I'm gonna avoid that simply-spalding, they have dodgy english and bad spelling on their privacy policy. Not worth the risk

For info there are 2 domains with similar names simply-spalding.co.uk and simplyspalding.co.uk  - the latter is registered to an address in West Pinchbeck with a Peterborough post code. It also has not been rated by Trustpilot.
Solvitur Ambulando

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:11:28, 02/01/17 »
I've just been looking at their Privacy page and it states that they are part of VF Corporation.  Looking at VF Corporation's website http://www.vfc.com/ it does appear to be genuine, and they also have a Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VF_Corporation.   The list of subsidiary companies on Wikipedia however does not include Simply Spalding, so either it is a brand new subsidiary that hasn't yet been listed or it is a fictitious company that actually has no link to VF Corporation.  Either way I wouldn't want to risk buying anything from them.

dinger

« Reply #17 on: 21:42:37, 03/01/17 »
Never trust big companies with trustpilot for ratings, they are fixed and companies especially bigger ones can have bad ratings removed or they can balance them off with good reviews.
I know this happens a lot with my trade and know of companies who have a poor record but on certain review website they seem to swindle them for there selfs, so personally look at the wider picture and look at more then one review company.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:47:26, 03/01/17 »
Mostly bad ones on Review Centre!

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 22:57:02, 03/01/17 »
Never trust big companies with trustpilot for ratings, they are fixed and companies especially bigger ones can have bad ratings removed or they can balance them off with good reviews.

same with Tripadvisor. A little while ago I posted a non-too-complimentary review of a place. The review was on the site for a couple of days and then mysteriously disappeared!

sbt

« Reply #20 on: 16:41:10, 10/01/17 »
I nominate Aberdeen-based Gear Pest as an excellent but little-known supplier.
Their price for the down jacket I bought last year was £10 cheaper than every other seller's, and I got a further £10 off for signing up for their newsletter - something I would normally avoid but for £10 it was worth it.
My queries by email received friendly, chatty replies.
They automatically include a prepaid returns bag with your order, and when the first jacket didn't fit me they sent the next two sizes together so I could keep one and send the other back.
All in all, they are a first class retailer.
I've also would recommend Gear Pest. Superb customer service and quality gear. Orders come with a hand written thank you letter.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy