Author Topic: Kinder Scout Edges Circuit  (Read 1688 times)

harry_keogh

Kinder Scout Edges Circuit
« on: 11:43:24, 19/01/17 »
This is an old walk from 2013 but have only just gotten around to writing it up after finding the photos buried in the depths of my hard drive.

Full trip report on my blog: Kinder Scout Edges Circuit

Obinice

Re: Kinder Scout Edges Circuit
« Reply #1 on: 07:46:00, 20/02/17 »
A good read, some lovely photos and a GPX to boot, I know where I'm going on my next trip out! Thanks for sharing :)

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:57:55, 20/02/17 »
Agree with the above - nice foties.  I really like the ones with the rock formations.   O0 O0

harry_keogh

« Reply #3 on: 08:13:44, 21/02/17 »
Thanks! Glad you liked the photos - especially as i forgot my camera on the day and took them all with my old cheap huawei phone.

ads20092009

« Reply #4 on: 08:34:29, 02/03/17 »
Amazing! The Edale approach to Kinder is my favourite by far!

Be warned though, I climbed it just last week and the usually sedate trickle was a torrent. It made the last 20m or so climb to the Kinder plateau a little wild to say the least.

frustin

« Reply #5 on: 15:48:01, 08/05/17 »
Did this on Sunday (07/05/2017).

I went around it clockwise and cut across (north to south) just before blackden edge, it took about 5km off the total route.

harry_keogh

« Reply #6 on: 19:58:04, 10/05/17 »
Did this on Sunday (07/05/2017).

I went around it clockwise and cut across (north to south) just before blackden edge, it took about 5km off the total route.

Yeah I took that route the last time I visited. I was amazed at how quickly I managed to get across!

Mick wmexile

« Reply #7 on: 22:26:19, 10/05/17 »
Great photos. I try and do the complete edges circuit once each year, the north edge probably my favourite section. One thing though, how can you show photos without the best formation of the lot.................. "Boxing Gloves"  :( . Every time I pass these I just have to take a few pics.
I never get lost, just don't always know where I am!

harry_keogh

« Reply #8 on: 22:29:10, 10/05/17 »
I actually did the walk before I started the blog so I didn't take anywhere near as many photo's as usual.  I never get everything anyway.... always an excuse to go back up for more!

Plus, it always depends where on the walk they are. I take too many photos at the beginning, and start missing loads near the end when I'm knackered and walking on autopilot!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy