Author Topic: PSA - 'A Year on Blencathra' BBC4 9pm tomorrow night (Tues)  (Read 2160 times)

Rascal

Perfect for Valentine's Day!  :D

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
My recorder is set  O0
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Percy

• Veteran Member
Recorder also set. Thanks for posting.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member

Mrs I got flowers.
I get to see Blencathra (who has the best deal ?)

I just need to find out who DID send those flowers  :D
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Saw it, nice photography in a kind of dreamy and romantic sort of way. My best memory of Blencathra was in the 60s, I was young and helped to take some young London city kids out of the city for the first time in their life. One lad, from Stanford Hill, saw his first sheep, screamed and ran off!

BeeMan

Certainly much more entertaining than the usual dross thats on TV. Loved the 3 climbing sharp edge bit exposed so get the reluctance from one.  The flooding was bad also lots of areas had a very bad time with that around the north west hopefully it stays drier in the coming years.

April

• Veteran Member
Blencathra is my favourite mountain and Terry Abraham's film was wonderful to watch. Superb photography, what a great job he has done  O0 I have ordered the DVD, it is an hour longer than the abridged version shown on BBC4. It is someone's birthday soon....  8)

I think we saw Terry Abraham when we coming down from the Old Coach Road near Newsham last April. If it was him, he had camping gear and he was heading up toward Clough Head or Threlkeld Knotts.

Nearly forgot...
Low Bridge End Farm at St John's In the Vale is now open for business again after the floods. They have self catering and a camping barn. The tea room is open again too  O0
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
O0 I have ordered the DVD, it is an hour longer than the abridged version shown on BBC4. It is someone's birthday soon....  8)
8)  Cool  ;)
there is some great videography and timelapse
sharp edge looks great in the snow

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Rascal

Beefy and April posting on my thread - I am honoured - been a while since I saw you guys post on here!
Lovely programme - got me planning a return visit to Sharp Edge and Hall's Fell Ridge with some non-scrambly types in June  O0

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Nearly forgot...
Low Bridge End Farm at St John's In the Vale is now open for business again after the floods. They have self catering and a camping barn. The tea room is open again too  O0
Thanks for that, it is one of my favourite stop off spots and glad they are back in business again.
I like how the older chap comes to talk to you, even though it is self-service: you get the impression he enjoys a chat.
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Mel

• Veteran Member
Nearly forgot...

Thanks for that, it is one of my favourite stop off spots and glad they are back in business again.
I like how the older chap comes to talk to you, even though it is self-service: you get the impression he enjoys a chat.

+1  O0

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Watched this programme over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy