Author Topic: Where to walk  (Read 466 times)

silverfox

Where to walk
« on: 19:37:33, 01/03/17 »
Good evening,

I've decided to take some time out of work and will be completing the SWCP in May which will take me, maybe 3 weeks. After a weeks rest I will be looking for another challenge. Not on the same scale as the swcp but may another walk of 1-2 weeks.  I would be interested in hearing your views on which walk to do. Not overly keen on heights so so e thing without lots of sheer drops would be good.

Look forward to hearing your views.

John.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Re: Where to walk
« Reply #1 on: 19:53:43, 01/03/17 »
Anglesey Coast path, a circular route of just over 125miles, that circumnavigates the entire island.
Stunning views, and possibly the most rewarding and leisurely long distance route in Wales.
There is nothing technical or demanding about this walk around the island, and if you want the best guide for the walk, get a copy of  Walking the Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path by Carl Rogers.
No doubt other forum members will have their own personal favourite, but every time i have a go at a section of the path, i am amazed at what's on offer in such a small area of Wales.
The only hilly bit, if you can call it hilly, is the section from Bull Bay towards Wylffa Nuclear Power station, and as its the most northerly point in the whole of Wales, it has amazing views.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Where to walk
« Reply #2 on: 21:32:20, 01/03/17 »
Kennet and Avon Canal.  My wife and I walked it from Bath to Devizes last year.  It's a lovely walk.  Plenty of interesting features & folk along the way. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy