Author Topic: Hi Hi Everyone!  (Read 793 times)

Jonfun

Hi Hi Everyone!
« on: 11:09:33, 15/03/17 »
Hi All

Just introducing myself, and my first official day as a posting forum member.

Seems quite active in here which is good to see.

Am an avid walker, rambler, some trail running, snow boarder and kit addict.

Looking forward to a good chat with you all  O0

Jon
Birmingham

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Hi Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: 12:34:58, 15/03/17 »
Welcome from Portsmouth.

I've been quite active today! I live in Portsmouth and have been to a sailmaker to get my tent adapted. They are going to put four 30cm x 10cm clear viewing panels near the base on both sides of my outer tent.  So during the dead of night, so when I'm wild camping and if I'm visited by two legs or four, I will be able to make a better and quicker judgement as to what I do next, or nothing at all? At the moment I have to rely on sound only, which I find unsatisfactory.

I'm also going to try out some wild camp tarping this year, so as its a sunny day I'm going into my garden shortly and practice the various layouts that a tarp can offer me.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:59:27, 15/03/17 »
Welcome from Devon Jonfun, I will overlook the snowboarding this time, don't do it again  :)

Remember your feet face forward in parallel for walking and skiing; anything else is just unnatural.
Solvitur Ambulando

Jonfun

« Reply #3 on: 13:37:06, 15/03/17 »

Welcome from Portsmouth.

I've been quite active today! I live in Portsmouth and have been to a sailmaker to get my tent adapted. They are going to put four 30cm x 10cm clear viewing panels near the base on both sides of my outer tent.  So during the dead of night, so when I'm wild camping and if I'm visited by two legs or four, I will be able to make a better and quicker judgement as to what I do next, or nothing at all? At the moment I have to rely on sound only, which I find unsatisfactory.

I'm also going to try out some wild camp tarping this year, so as its a sunny day I'm going into my garden shortly and practice the various layouts that a tarp can offer me.

Wow! you have been busy, You'll have to post up some pictures of the finished result.

I am due a Wildcamp I think, hoping to do some over at the Malvern Hills soon.

Welcome from Devon Jonfun, I will overlook the snowboarding this time, don't do it again 

Remember your feet face forward in parallel for walking and skiing; anything else is just unnatural.

Ha, theres always one with a comment :) I hope its sunny in Devon today, we have a week in Salcombe planned for Sept cant wait.

toadoftoadhall

« Reply #4 on: 13:40:42, 15/03/17 »

I am due a Wildcamp I think, hoping to do some over at the Malvern Hills soon.

Where about on the hills do you wild camp. Up there often walking, never seen a tent though.

Jonfun

« Reply #5 on: 13:45:33, 15/03/17 »

Where about on the hills do you wild camp. Up there often walking, never seen a tent though.

Hi, No I've never wild camped up there but am planning to,

I was listening to one of the Outdoors Station podcasts and they did a series of wildcamp episodes, one of which was recorded on the Malvern Hills.

I am only really familiar with British Camp and the surrounding area, so I'll likely start there (maybe not the cave .. unless it rains) :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:44:46, 15/03/17 »
Hi Jon and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Jonfun

« Reply #7 on: 12:10:08, 16/03/17 »
Hi Jon and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)

Thanks Tracey, hopefully we'll be up in the Peaks soon at Kinder Scout.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy