Author Topic: Have I Seen My Last Snow Of The Winter?  (Read 940 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

Steve922

Re: Have I Seen My Last Snow Of The Winter?
« Reply #1 on: 19:44:24, 25/04/17 »
I caught the hail too. Arrived back with an inch of it on top of my pack! About 15 miles S of you

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:59:33, 26/04/17 »
Hail, snow and lightning! in east Devon yesterday :o
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:31:51, 26/04/17 »
I was out walking today and enjoyed a couple of pretty heavy hail showers.  So much better than rain! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:04:52, 26/04/17 »
Send it down to NW London!
Drought still ongoing here, hardly any rain since at least February. When the forecast says it's going to rain it barely wets the pavement.
Established shrubs have died in my garden, new herbaceous growth is visibly wilting and there are great cracks in the soil, while on the last walk I went on, just north of Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, the paths were like the dirt trails you see in Westerns.

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:24:58, 26/04/17 »
Send it down to NW London!
Drought still ongoing here, hardly any rain since at least February. When the forecast says it's going to rain it barely wets the pavement.
Established shrubs have died in my garden, new herbaceous growth is visibly wilting and there are great cracks in the soil, while on the last walk I went on, just north of Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire, the paths were like the dirt trails you see in Westerns.

It was actually quite dry underfoot in the Peak District. At times during the winter though it's been a quagmire.

Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy