Author Topic: Honister Zip Wire proposal  (Read 13953 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Honister Zip Wire proposal
« Reply #165 on: 08:52:09, 04/03/19 »
Press release is on the LDNPA site.  It says specific reference to a gondola has been removed, following consultation, which is good.  Then it says a future developer would need to consider one ,whichv is bad. Haven't read the whole doc as I am away, but first impression is this is a small improvement, but not what we all wanted.

NoGo and Lakes Watch have posted about it on their fb pages too. NoGo have a meeting with LDNP on the 6th March they say, so I am sure they will update us. The wording on the LDNP seems to be a bit ambiguous?  :-\

Park and ride with electric busses would be a lot better environmentally, visually, practically and financially than a high impact vanity project like gondolas.

Spot on Richard.

If the gondola was all about reducing traffic through Braithwaite I am a monkeys uncle. The plans were for more gondolas half way up Grisedale Pike and higher up in Whinlatter forest. You don't see many traffic jams up there.
"Who would've thought...... you are light and darkness coming through" words by Tim Armstrong

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #166 on: 09:39:21, 04/03/19 »
I don't think that the so called park authority will rest until they have turned the Lake District into Alton Towers.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #167 on: 10:05:39, 04/03/19 »
Spot on, April and Richard.  One thing that was noticeable was the statistic on proportion of respondents who approved of the LDNPA approach to the special areas.  From memory it was less than 50%, which is pretty damning, compared to their stats elsewhere in the plan.  Hence the let's pass this on to a private developer and let them take the stick.  I don't think this is over, just delayed the battle.