Author Topic: North Face Hedgegog GTX?  (Read 994 times)

Mylo

North Face Hedgegog GTX?
« on: 14:36:50, 11/04/18 »

Does anyone have personal experience of the following:

https://www.simplyhike.co.uk/products/the-north-face-mens-hedgehog-fastpack-gtx-trail-shoe-urban-navy

For the summer I swear by Adidas Terrex but have the chance of buying the above for 30 which is a 100 saving on the Terrex but would like to know of anyone who has personally owned them.

I'm a 10 and only have the choice of them in the same size. Are they reasonably sized etc?

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Re: North Face Hedgegog GTX?
« Reply #1 on: 19:30:38, 11/04/18 »
I have the women's version, and I find them pretty comfortable, but I remember they took a little while to bed in.  The sizing was right for me, but I couldn't swear the mens one would be the same.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:47:20, 14/04/18 »
I used to wear NF Hogs some years back....but then they changed the design/foot bed etc etc and I suddenly found them really uncomfortable.
I switched to Scarpa Vortex and have been very happy with them.  I'm now on my 3rd pair!

Too much walking, I guess! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:40:43, 16/04/18 »
Bit late with this one, but I have several pairs of the Fast track. Not as robust or as heavy as the original hedgehogs, however I have worn them through a few winters on the Spine race and Coast to coast etc in all conditions including deep snow, flood, mud etc. not a single problem with them, however because of the mileage around 40 a day, I also rep[lace the footbeds with Sorbothane Double Strike. This adds a little weight but for comfort it is well worth it. makes the foot spightly higher at the heel than intended but has coaused no issues for me.