Author Topic: A hiking week in Gran Canaria  (Read 817 times)

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: A hiking week in Gran Canaria
« Reply #15 on: 17:02:50, 16/02/19 »
A very interesting trip report, GWM - I really enjoyed that. Another place for the list!  :)

One F

« Reply #16 on: 12:57:20, 09/03/19 »
Enjoyed reading the TR and seeing the pics. I was there a couple of weeks after your visit, sadly no walking as my left knee (medial collateral ligament problem) was a little unstable. Anyway, here's a photo of Cruz de Tejeda on a very hot Sunday afternoon - reminded me of Settle on a Bank Holiday weekend :-)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:43:23, 09/03/19 »
I sat for a while where the man in the hat is sitting. On the day I was there I was lucky, saw no more than about 6 people, about two cars passed and didn't see a motor bike at all. Nice place to sit and watch the world go by, have a beer or a meal, mooch along a row of little huts selling this and that and even having a snooze!

On my hikes motor bikers make me go Mmmm??? Especially on hot days when they stop in there full leather outfits. Mmmmm??? The panic to get them off before they steam is highly amusing!I used to commute back and forth to work by motorbike over a four year period, all year and in all weathers! I couldn't bear the thought of owning one for leisure and pleasure. What is the point?