Author Topic: Walking shoe sizing  (Read 668 times)

Maggot

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 198
Re: Walking shoe sizing
« Reply #15 on: 14:56:29, 09/03/19 »
Fully aware,after all I do read your musings ;D ::)


But you can't seem to find the thread that tells us Scarpa boots are made in China?  Weird eh?

jimbob

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1157
Re: Walking shoe sizing
« Reply #16 on: 15:02:55, 09/03/19 »

But you can't seem to find the thread that tells us Scarpa boots are made in China?  Weird eh?
Nope not weird, just cannot be a£sed to go back through this forum where it mentions the fact that many boots sold as named brands are coming out of chineses factories and into "European Manufacturers" to be branded and boxed.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Maggot

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 198
Re: Walking shoe sizing
« Reply #17 on: 15:10:14, 09/03/19 »
Nope not weird, just cannot be a£sed to go back through this forum where it mentions the fact that many boots sold as named brands are coming out of chineses factories and into "European Manufacturers" to be branded and boxed.


I haven't actually checked the atlas, but I am pretty sure Romania (where Scarpa manufacture approx 35% of their boots) isn't a province of China.  The other 65% are produced in Asolo in Italy, again not a region of China as far as I am aware.





gunwharfman

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2338
Re: Walking shoe sizing
« Reply #18 on: 16:33:41, 09/03/19 »
I listened to a Radio 4 programme last year that explained that often, one factory will produce Left shoes and boots only, whilst another produces the Right shoe and boot only and they are not necessarily both in the same country either. That took me by surprise. In a global capitalist world I can appreciate anything can come from anywhere. Even if they are wholly from the UK (which I doubt) that doesn't mean to say they are any better or any worse than from anywhere else. I'm a consumer, I buy and like to buy at the best price. I may have a bit of remorse but soon forget, just like everyone else!

Litehiker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 80
Re: Walking shoe sizing
« Reply #19 on: 03:44:14, 10/03/19 »
BTW, I must mention that after I began using SOLE brand thermal fitted insoles I never had another blister on the bottom of my feet - ever.


These insoles cost US $40. and are worth every penny. They come in three thicknesses and are very durable, being tased to a new pair of walking shoes or boots as the original wears out.


Closely follow the instructions on how to heat them and how to mould them.


And this "elder of the tribe" has one more boot comfort tip for full leather boots. When new fill them with warm (not hot) water in a bathtub. Let them sit in the tub for 30 minutes. Drain well and put them on with your hiking socks. Then walk around for 1 hour in the wet boots (in your house or an indoor mall) to be sure they are going to fit well. If they absolutely do not fit properly they can be thoroughly dried and returned in "like new" condition.


The water soaking break-in is faster and more hygienic and definitely less painful than trying to "sweat them in" on the trail with moisture from your sweaty feet.


Eric B.