Author Topic: What was your 214th Wainwright or what would it be, and why?  (Read 593 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
I also have at least a 5 hour drive to the Lakes and so no chance of a day trip and even a weekend isn't really worth it as a Friday night drive up can take a life time and on Sunday you need to leave by lunchtime. It took me 30 years in total.

If all goes to plan it will have taken my son 54 walks (ranging from 1 to 9 new Wainwrights) on 13 trips in 14 years.
Over hill, over dale. Thorough brush, thorough brier....
I do wander every where

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
My last one (the first time round) was Rannerdale Knotts.  The reason being it was an easy one for some friends to join me that started me out walking Wainwright Fells on Latrigg some 5 months earlier.

My second time around was totally planned, to do the Wainwrights in a set number of walks and I finished on Wetherlam having done them in 35 walks.  Wetherlam was one of my favourites the first time around.

If all goes to plan  ::)  my third time should be complete on Saturday 13th April on Scafell Pike.... if the plan is to go there of course.  If not I may have to pop to the summit while everyone has their butties!!  :buck2:

I totally understand you Petrolhead... when you are a distance away it's not so easy.  A 5.5hr journey makes a day trip impossible really.  But when you do get the the LD it really is worth it and you appreciate it even more I guess.

Good grief Lee - third time round!!  See you on 13th.

April

• Veteran Member
If all goes to plan it will have taken my son 54 walks (ranging from 1 to 9 new Wainwrights) on 13 trips in 14 years.

The Wainwrights in 54 walks. Quite a good guide book in the making?  :)

The first time I completed it was on Grey Crag in the far eastern fells. Not planned as such, it was the one that was left to do when I'd done all the rest.
"Who would've thought...... you are light and darkness coming through" words by Tim Armstrong

Petrolhead

My last one (the first time round) was Rannerdale Knotts.  The reason being it was an easy one for some friends to join me that started me out walking Wainwright Fells on Latrigg some 5 months earlier.

My second time around was totally planned, to do the Wainwrights in a set number of walks and I finished on Wetherlam having done them in 35 walks.  Wetherlam was one of my favourites the first time around.

If all goes to plan  ::)  my third time should be complete on Saturday 13th April on Scafell Pike.... if the plan is to go there of course.  If not I may have to pop to the summit while everyone has their butties!!  :buck2:

I totally understand you Petrolhead... when you are a distance away it's not so easy.  A 5.5hr journey makes a day trip impossible really.  But when you do get the the LD it really is worth it and you appreciate it even more I guess.

THIRD time???!!! Very impressed mate. That's a serious amount of effort to hit them all three times. Hats off.

And yes, you're totally right. We really appreciate being there when we can. But then, living in the heart of London, we never take being somewhere outdoors and pretty for granted!

O0