Author Topic: How do you rename an unnamed private route in OS online mapping  (Read 1341 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
I wasn't quite sure if I should put this in gear or the Hikers Bar hope I made the right call.

Anyway I've emailed them and asked them this question and they replied telling me how to rename a private road.

Does anyone here know how to do this? When I upload my GPX routes it names them all "Unnamed Route" which isn't very helpful.

This question refers to the website.
« Last Edit: 18:13:56, 17/04/19 by Rob Goes Walking »

Mel

• Veteran Member
Is there not an "edit name" type of option?  There is on VR.
I'm tired of people bein' ugly to each other. It feels like pieces of glass in my head. - John Coffey, The Green Mile

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Is there not an "edit name" type of option?  There is on VR.

I'm trying to do it on the website, I'll download the app and see if I can do it from in there. I recall being able to edit the route name when it already had a name but not when they're nameless.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Can't find a way to do it from the app either.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
PC version.  Sign In, Click on Routes, Select My Routes, this opens the routes tab.  Click on My Routes - causes all your routes to be listed A-Z.  Scroll down to Unnamed Route.  Bottom right by sketch map se e Edit Delete.  Click Delete.  Window pops up to say route has been deleted. Click OK
This is how I deleted your routes from yesterday.
If you want to keep the route, click edit instead, click save option, rename route in edit window.

Phone version - open app - tap menu- under My Routes and Maps tap Routes - scroll down to route - tap options - tap delete
Solvitur Ambulando

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Thanks ninthace. I worked out how to do it after asking here, when you edit a route if you press Save it prompts you for details including name. So you have to save the route, despite having changed nothing.

Like you just said.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Thanks ninthace - I was just looking at this on my OS Maps today - and you just answered my question.   :) :) :D