Author Topic: Inov8 Roclite 345 GTX review  (Read 522 times)

WILDWALKINGUK

Inov8 Roclite 345 GTX review
« on: 13:58:22, 03/05/19 »
I have just walked about 1200 miles on my Lands End to John O'Groats walk in these boots and reviewed them at wildwalkinguk.com if anyone is interested. These are a very good light weight boot and with the new Graphene soles lasted the distance. I was extremely surprised as the Inov8 Roclite 325 are usually worn out in 400 miles.
The only issue I had with them is the Gore-tex waterproof lining failed at about 300 miles. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me at about the same mileage, has this been an issue for anyone else or is this just me?
Many thanks
Mark

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Inov8 Roclite 345 GTX review
« Reply #1 on: 14:42:33, 03/05/19 »
Yes - the gortex membrane has failed on 2 pairs of roclites that I have had - I would estimate around the 250-300 mile mark
So many paths, so little time

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:54:23, 04/05/19 »
Weren't these the footwear of choice for Jasmin Paris ?(I believe she does a bit of running  ;D )
Unless hers are specially produced, given what she does, I wonder if she has problems with the gortex lining too ?
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Jim Parkin

« Reply #3 on: 08:34:53, 05/05/19 »
Yes - the gortex membrane has failed on 2 pairs of roclites that I have had - I would estimate around the 250-300 mile mark
I have never had a goretex lining last on any boots or shoes.  I've decided that if I want something approaching waterproof performance, I've gone back to leather outers.  Otherwise, I prefer something that drains and dries quickly.  I do walk in the "Peat" District (Kinder Low is 90mins walk from my house) so getting wet is common, but at least it's not wet clay. 

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:24:46, 05/05/19 »
The Inov8s look like lovely boots - crazily light and quite comfortable despite being minimalist, but of the three pairs I've been daft enough to buy not one pair has lasted thirteen months before failing - Main failures I've had have been the sole delaminating, the lace loops detaching, the gore-tex liner giving up within the space of a good wet autumn or winter, and the toe rand also delaminating from 'perfect' looking to completely detached in the space of two hours on Peak District moorland.

R
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:56:40, 07/05/19 »
Do these not come in a non gore-tex version?

I thought the idea of mesh fell shoes was that the water would squigg out through the mesh.

WILDWALKINGUK

« Reply #6 on: 06:21:23, 08/05/19 »
Hello Owen

It is a shame that this model doesn't come in a non gore-tex version.
My usual boot is the Inov8 Roclite 325 but only lasts about 400 miles. Great on the dry TGO Challenge last year.
I found sand got through the mesh and built up around the edge of the liner and the rubber around the bottom edge of the boots.This is possibly the reason the gore-tex lining failed so quickly, because the grit was trapped and rubbing the lining.[size=78%] [/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
There are other Inov8 boots and shoes without the gore-tex lining. I plan on trying the Inov8 Roclite 275 shoe this summer and the 335 boot next winter. I will review them both at wildwalkinguk.com

Many thanks for your interest
Mark