Author Topic: TR-Borrowdale Camp  (Read 1279 times)

strawy

TR-Borrowdale Camp
« on: 13:37:51, 28/05/19 »
After a recent trip to Scotland,i just couldnt wait to get back out again,so,off i went to one of my favourite places.[/font]
2 nights,solo tent,@Chapel House Farm,a great campsite in a superb location(6 a night),been here a few times,always enjoyed.
Day 1,along by the river then up to Dalehead tarn,across to Honister mine then a section of c2c back to site,7.2 miles.
Day 2,bus to Keswick(4.20p one way,stop is close to site)walked back via Walla Crag,Bleaberry,High Seat & Watendlath,10.2 miles,a lovely,scenic walk.
Day 3,had planned to walk up Latrigg but hay fever & lethargy had kicked in,so,a short look around Keswick before i went home,cuppla miles.
Another enjoyable trip,warm but a chilly wind up high,had a mishap when my e-cig charger caught fire,luckily it was outside of my tent & i noticed it quickly==tip,never leave anything on charge inside your tent!!
Campsite

Near Dalehead

Highline

Approaching Honister

Derwent Water

Bleaberry View

Watendlath

Am not a photographer...cheap smartphone  :-[

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: TR-Borrowdale Camp
« Reply #1 on: 14:57:51, 28/05/19 »
Yes, Chapel House Farm, 6 a night, great value. I stayed there last November the 11th, I was the only person on site, very dark! I stayed there again at the last Forum meet. Toilet block needs improving but its always been clean when I've used the facilities. A good pub nearby, the last time I was there I had great food. More down the main road as well. Great photos.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:50:55, 28/05/19 »
A grand couple of walks and good clear photos from a phone  O0
The charger incident is alarming, I remember hearing about several cases like this - is it particularly e-cig devices that cause them or cheap chargers in general?.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:42:11, 28/05/19 »
Lovely weather and great pics from a couple of classic walks O0
Does the lady who runs the campsite still  "knock" on your tent door at seven in the morning for her fee ?
show your love for Lady Nature. And she will come back again.
www.karlswalks.co.uk

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:45:26, 28/05/19 »
Lovely photos O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:51:02, 28/05/19 »
Your 'Highline' photo is stunning; the contrast is superb.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 23:25:04, 28/05/19 »
Nice write up and pics.  Borrowdale is a pretty stunning area  O0

Glad to hear that you (and your tent) are okay after the e-cig charger caught fire.

Phone pics are great.  I personally like to see "less than perfect" pics on trip reports ... makes it seem more real somehow!

No expense spared in pursuit of a bargain ;)
https://snailspacewalks.blogspot.co.uk/

strawy

« Reply #7 on: 23:38:31, 28/05/19 »
A grand couple of walks and good clear photos from a phone  O0
The charger incident is alarming, I remember hearing about several cases like this - is it particularly e-cig devices that cause them or cheap chargers in general?.
It wasnt the chargers fault,on close inspection a tiny piece of silver foil from a sweet wrapper in my pocket had got stuck on the cig battery terminal,i believe this must have caused some kind of short circuit.

strawy

« Reply #8 on: 23:51:45, 28/05/19 »
Lovely weather and great pics from a couple of classic walks O0
Does the lady who runs the campsite still  "knock" on your tent door at seven in the morning for her fee ?
No,the farmer collects nowadays,lovely guy,no set time,he seems to have a built in alarm for new arrivals.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:25:32, 29/05/19 »
Lovely pics Strawy  O0

It is in a lovely spot that campsite, we have stayed there before too. The toilets do let it down, like GWM says.
"Who would've thought...... you are light and darkness coming through" words by Tim Armstrong