Author Topic: Basic Campsite 2: cheap campsites in popular places across the UK  (Read 298 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Jimmi has got me thinking about other possible cheap campsites in popular places. My criteria would be, around 5 if possible, 10 would be my absolute maximum. For me, useful to know if many, or if any exist in the South of England? All I need is a patch of grass 6' x 4', possibly a toilet and hopefully a tap. Useful to know I think, where they exist along our national trails like the Pennine Way and so on.

As a camper I'm very self-sufficient, I don't need a shower block every day as I carry my own shower head with me at all times and a container of 'dry-shower' as well. I don't really need a toilet either, I carry my own, a Uriwell. But I do like running water to be at hand.

Stube

GWM the best solution to your problems are the pitch directories maintained by the Backpackers Club - these are organised by LDP and county most sites are under 10.
These lists are available to members only and are published at least twice a year - more often if the volume of updates warrant it.
http://www.backpackersclub.co.uk/

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Hi Stube. 20 to join, too much, if it was 10 then maybe?

It's not that I have a particular need for the information, I was just interested in the subject and it got me wondering about other areas of the country.

Stube

Yes - the membership fee has doubled from last year - the club was running out of money. I don't know how much longer I'll stay a member, but I have put a lot of research into the database.