Author Topic: Completely covering Kent  (Read 11532 times)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Re: Completely covering Kent
« Reply #120 on: 14:41:48, 28/06/20 »
This weekend's walk with my wife was a woods and farmland stroll straight from home. We're extremely fortunate in having a swathe of woodland (the Blean) covering much of the area between us and Canterbury to the south, so we can cross some farmland to get to the woods, do some woods walking, then return across more farmland.  :)

The farm track that leads to the woods...

There are still lots of orchids around, but most have been straggly this year. These two are in good shape though:

A lovely farmland footpath that I've only used once before. The first photo shows my wife sanitising after touching the gate.  :angel:

A very freshly mown field (mowing was in progress!) and some friendly, inquisitive cattle:

Some of the different woods we went through. We passed through Clowes Wood, Victory Wood, Tong Wood, Ellenden Wood and Coombe Wood.

A thoroughly enjoyable 11 miles and home in plenty of time before lunch!  :)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Re: Completely covering Kent
« Reply #121 on: 14:33:17, 06/07/20 »
Studying the map yesterday, I noticed there were a couple of miles' worth of footpaths near Boughton-under-Blean that I'd not walked yet. So the aim of my morning walk from home today was to check them out.  :)

After about 7 miles, I left my familiar route and followed the new paths. And very pleasant they were indeed.

Nearing Boughton-under-Blean, I arrived at a hop field. I love seeing hops!

I took several photos...

The other side of the hop field, complete with oast houses:

The walk was a little over 16 miles in one of my favourite areas. Lovely!  :)