Author Topic: Head Torches  (Read 2168 times)

colddayout

Re: Head Torches
« Reply #15 on: 16:55:50, 11/11/19 »
After using Tikkas, I can recommend the Petzl Reactiv+, though its now been replaced by the Actik models.
I use it with the Petzl CORE battery, carrying a spare, so if needed I can get 4-5 hours of maximum light.

When its pitch black the amount of light it can provide, off into the distance ( narrow ) or wider and shorter for the more tricky sections, is truly heart warming.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:18:38, 12/11/19 »
Another vote for Petzl - mine is now approaching twenty years old and working perfectly.
So many paths, so little time

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:12:36, 12/11/19 »
Petzl perfection for me too!....although I can't remember which one I've got. :D
It's jolly good though! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

geekmoose

« Reply #18 on: 22:57:48, 20/11/19 »
I have a combination of petzl and Energiser (and also seem to have a habit of acquiring the ever ready ones - last count was 5 - but can only remember buying one!) - both are good - the petzl is clearly the better made one, but you can't leave batteries in there between uses as they seem to drain (it was explained that it's a digital switch, not an analogue).

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:41:36, 21/11/19 »
I only have two - one of which is a very old Petzl which looks like a tin of beans mounted on my head. Very good but old & heavy.
The newer one which itself is at least 16 years old, is a Black Diamond model.
Not much use to you as ideas but both are very robust and reliable and I've no need/desire to replace the BD (the Petzl is now retired).
It shows that some items are still well made and carry on performing years after their expected lifespan - a bit like me !
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 00:05:40, 22/11/19 »
Thanks again everyone for the suggestions. 

Petzl seems to be favoured by most and are on sale in GO at the mo  O0
I'm tired of people bein' ugly to each other. It feels like pieces of glass in my head. - John Coffey, The Green Mile

Magic girl

« Reply #21 on: 08:38:05, 26/11/19 »
I bought mine from alpkit and I'm very happy with it x

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 10:38:21, 26/11/19 »
I have an alpkit one too, we bought around 60 for our Search and Rescue team, heard no complaints so far  :)
Where there's a will ...