Author Topic: Firms that have treated us well!  (Read 440 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Firms that have treated us well!
« on: 13:33:59, 29/11/19 »
My Cumulus (Poland) sleeping quilt seems to hold the heat less than it used to so I emailed Cumulus Pl. for advice. My quilt is now oiver three years old, possibly four and the Cumulus member of staff wrote back within 24 hours suggesting this and that, wash it, wash it properly with the proper cleaning liquid and If I want to I can send it back to them to look at, evaluate the problem and if possible they will rectify the matter for me at no charge. All I have to do is provide the postage there and back.

Earlier in the year, I sent back a pair of leaking Salomon Ultra X's to SportsShoes.com and the firm replaced them for me without a quibble at no cost other than my postage.

This sort of customer care I have to admit does influence me, I would have no hesitation in buying a product that I needed or wanted off of them again. A pity that so many other firms are less than helpful to their customers, Marmot, take note!

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
Re: Firms that have treated us well!
« Reply #1 on: 19:18:28, 30/11/19 »
I haven't dealt with them for a while as their quality seems to have gone down slightly and their prices up significantly (just my opinion) but Alpkit were always fantastic when it came to customer service and I gather they still are  O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:39:24, 01/12/19 »
Managed to get a compatible pre-formed alloy tent pole from Terra Nova for my 25+ year old Trisar tent. They were very helpful, although it did cost me 40.

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 07:51:14, 01/12/19 »
Plus one for Alpkit. I bought a fleece online but it was not what I was expecting, I went to a shop to explain the problem and the manager allowed me to swap it for something more suitable, AND they refunded the difference in price.

Mountain Equipment were brilliant. I had a very well used Snowline sleeping bag I bought in the 70s. The cover needed refurbishment but the down was lofting like it was new. Instead of using my old down in a new cover they asked if they could keep my bag for their archives and in exchange offered me a brand new one from their current range, I was made up! I ended up with a brand new Xeros.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:31:16, 01/12/19 »
they asked if they could keep my bag for their archives and in exchange offered me a brand new one

I must dig out some of my old gear!  ;D

Top marks to Multimat when my 13-months-old mat developed a leak (not a puncture), they sent me a new one immediately.

Skirrid

« Reply #5 on: 16:45:25, 02/12/19 »
I bought a Gore-tex shell from Outback Trading in Cornwall. The wire in the hood peak went after 10 months, so I sent it back. The shop owner was very helpful and even offered to lend me her husband's jacket as he had the same model. Of course I didn't accept the offer, but it was a very nice gesture.
On the other hand the product was TNF and as a company they were hopeless.

Many years ago I bought a Garmin Oregon 300 from Wiggle. I found the device to be very inaccurate at times, so contacted Garmin who were no help at all. I then contacted Wiggle who immediately agreed it was unfit for purpose and gave a full refund despite it being 6 months old.

MudMagnet

« Reply #6 on: 14:06:01, 08/12/19 »
Another plus for Alpkit.  Excellent customer service.  Can't fault them.