Author Topic: Really missing North Wales  (Read 1750 times)

MkPotato

Really missing North Wales
« on: 12:19:29, 10/04/20 »
Iíve only managed one trip this year.

Went up Glyder Fawr via the gribbin, down the scree-slope of doom to Llyn y Cwn, up Y Garn, then down the other side and along to Foel-Goch. Then went along the edge of Cwm Cywion and down back towards Ogwen.

Probably my favourite part of the world. Miss it, but itíll still be there when all this craziness ends.

Lee R

Re: Really missing North Wales
« Reply #1 on: 12:25:31, 10/04/20 »
We're missing ANYWHERE! Even our usual more local stuff.

It's not so bad for me as I am still working. And we did manage a few days in the Brecons early March.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:26:11, 10/04/20 »
Iíve only managed one trip this year.

Went up Glyder Fawr via the gribbin, down the scree-slope of doom to Llyn y Cwn, up Y Garn, then down the other side and along to Foel-Goch. Then went along the edge of Cwm Cywion and down back towards Ogwen.

Probably my favourite part of the world. Miss it, but itíll still be there when all this craziness ends.
I sympathise,  it is beautiful walking country but not my favourite part of the world.  The world is a big place  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:41:06, 10/04/20 »
Really missing it too. I've been anticipating a multiple-day walk in May since the start of the year, I had it all planned even down to the campsite I'd use for my first night when I got to Wales and where I would eat (and drink) that night.
The only thing I hadn't done was order any of the dried meals and other stuff that I would need, otherwise it would have been sitting around making me feel even more mopey.
But as a result the unspent pounds are building up in my pocket money account, together with what I'm not spending on petrol during lockdown.
Another thing it has meant is that I can delay buying the new boots that would have been essential for the wet Welsh uplands; my old ones are quite serviceable except they leak like colanders. Actually I might have to delay it even  longer, for I was intending to go to Cotswold for fitting and buy them there.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:50:56, 10/04/20 »
The Ogwen Valley really is stunning - not been there for two decades though. Maybe sometime soon now that I have moved south from Orkney - once lockdown has been lifted, that is.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:03:04, 11/04/20 »
Do not worry, its been there for millions of years, and no doubt, will be there at the end of the year, when  hopefully this virus leaves our shores.

Our thoughts should be with the grieving families, who have lost family members, during the past weeks.

This epidemic is far from over, with over 1000 casualties alone, yesterday.

If people are missing North Wales that much. theres some simply knockout videos on Youtube, a lot of them in 4k as well.