Author Topic: OS Map App Help  (Read 724 times)

emdaw

OS Map App Help
« on: 20:14:28, 23/04/20 »
Help what am I doing wrong  :-[ 

Custom Routes created on PC and saved into my routes, all works OK.  However, when I open the OS Map app on my phone I can see all the routes I have created OK, I then download one of the routes for offline use.  I get the relevant map area but it does not show the actual route I plotted (no route line).  Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong??? 
Thanks in advance for your help.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: OS Map App Help
« Reply #1 on: 20:23:05, 23/04/20 »
Not seen that.  What happens if you "favourite" the route?

Have you checked the route styling in preferences?
Solvitur Ambulando

emdaw

« Reply #2 on: 22:35:38, 23/04/20 »
Not seen that.  What happens if you "favourite" the route?

Have you checked the route styling in preferences?

Thanks I will try that and let you know O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:11:34, 24/04/20 »
Emdaw, I had exactly your issue when OS updated its app last year - I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still happens occasionally.  I have moved to Viewranger on the phone and have been taking my old Garmin GPS out again.  OS made a right c0ck-up of the update and have lost a fair amount of goodwill as a result, IMO.

(Hope Phononut doesn't look at this thread - he'll explode ;D )

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:01:57, 24/04/20 »
I've never tried OS products so I can't help but I do own an Android phone. I've used the app 'Backcountry' for a number of years now and their OS maps have never failed me. The app nowadays is a one-off cost of £14.99. There is a free Backcountry version if you just want to give it a try.

Z3man

« Reply #5 on: 09:33:53, 26/04/20 »
This is a link to the OS website, listing known bugs etc.

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/os-maps-app-faq.html#bugs

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:42:56, 26/04/20 »
"When I edit a route on web, why doesn’t it change on the app ? "
That question might answer why I am having problems with my phone. I thought it was lack of memory on my phone and it couldn`t take any more information on board.

There are way to many bugs now on OS for me now, so I am letting this years subscription lapse in three weeks time.
I am using Walklakes to plot routes and it has a nice clean interface.

Toxicbunny

« Reply #7 on: 19:15:15, 28/04/20 »
OS updated their app. I had same issues. I emailed them they got back to me within a few hours and sorted it for me. My advice contact OS. I tried installing and reinstalling nothing worked. They did something from their end and fixed it.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:52:51, 28/04/20 »
OS updated their app. I had same issues. I emailed them they got back to me within a few hours and sorted it for me. My advice contact OS. I tried installing and reinstalling nothing worked. They did something from their end and fixed it.
Same here.  A load of my routes disappeared all of a sudden,  I got in touch and they recovered them from a back up.  I even got an apology.
Solvitur Ambulando