Author Topic: Walking the Cleveland Way (virtually!)  (Read 1842 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking the Cleveland Way (virtually!)
« Reply #60 on: 19:20:59, 06/05/20 »
Good stuff WDave, this one is on my list, maybe September with a bit of luck.

andybr

« Reply #61 on: 20:48:21, 10/05/20 »
"From here, the Cleveland Way goes along a promenade for about 2 miles. I'm sure that in real life it's a fascinating walk with the castle and all, but in Street View there's little to see except the way ahead and it only got interesting when I went around the headland sticking out in the distance (Castle Cliff?)..."

We walked around that promenade yesterday in brilliant sunshine. The resident Peregrines were on the cliff, there was a bull grey seal just below the sea wall and a mother and calf Bottlenose Dolphin were just a bit further out to sea. I don't suppose you get that on street view.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: 22:10:28, 10/05/20 »
"From here, the Cleveland Way goes along a promenade for about 2 miles. I'm sure that in real life it's a fascinating walk with the castle and all, but in Street View there's little to see except the way ahead and it only got interesting when I went around the headland sticking out in the distance (Castle Cliff?)..."

We walked around that promenade yesterday in brilliant sunshine. The resident Peregrines were on the cliff, there was a bull grey seal just below the sea wall and a mother and calf Bottlenose Dolphin were just a bit further out to sea. I don't suppose you get that on street view.

No, Street View certainly has its limitations. But nothing like the limitations of a lockdown.