Author Topic: [TR] Bulphan Essex Circular Walk  (Read 176 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Bulphan Essex Circular Walk
« Reply #1 on: 18:45:47, 04/05/20 »
Haha.  So you're a "purist" then - going through the crops because the RoW does  :D  (complete opposite of me who walked the field edge because that's where the path went even though the RoW did not!)

Nice write up and pics  O0
I'm tired of people bein' ugly to each other. It feels like pieces of glass in my head. - John Coffey, The Green Mile

cpjmathieson

« Reply #2 on: 20:18:18, 04/05/20 »
Haha.  So you're a "purist" then - going through the crops because the RoW does  :D  (complete opposite of me who walked the field edge because that's where the path went even though the RoW did not!)

Nice write up and pics  O0

ha ha gotta protect our rights, because the farmers will always want to reroute or take away the right of way :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:26:58, 04/05/20 »
Aye, agreed, though you've got to admit, some of the RoWs are pretty weird in today's world - I guess they hark back to a bygone era and serve no practical purpose now.  Paths through crop fields are a prime example of when crop fields were much smaller.  They generally run along what was once the edge of a field if you look at historical maps.

A re-route would be fine by me so long as it ended up at the same place as the original  O0
I'm tired of people bein' ugly to each other. It feels like pieces of glass in my head. - John Coffey, The Green Mile

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:23:12, 05/05/20 »
Good stuff  O0

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:28:05, 05/05/20 »
Sign says "no unauthorised persons " . It is nice knowing you are authorised though isn`t it.. :) Great pics and write up.  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:42:55, 06/05/20 »
Good TR and nice pics.
Beautiful flowing mane on the horse.
From your route map it looks to have the potential to be very soggy in winter. I wonder if that's why the belfry is built alongside the church rather than adding weight to the main building.
So many paths, so little time