Author Topic: National 3 Peaks Challenge, 3 Times  (Read 381 times)

samueljmarriott

National 3 Peaks Challenge, 3 Times
« on: 10:33:31, 19/05/20 »
Hi

First post on here

I've noticed on the 3 peaks website it has a record set by the British Army in 2011 doing the National 3 peaks challenge, 3 times. I've tried to google some more information about it, but got zero. I wanted to see if anyone on here knew anything, in regards to routes they took, times, or anything

I've tried to contact the company, but no luck so far, and contacting the army, but unless I have some basic info like participants, they don't know where to start looking

Thanks

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: National 3 Peaks Challenge, 3 Times
« Reply #1 on: 12:23:07, 19/05/20 »
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as the Army in the same sense that there is Royal Air Force or Royal Navy.  The Army is a loose association of Regiments and Corps so yes, you would need which one to approach, assuming they even still exist, following reorganisations and defence cuts.
You could try https://www.[censored].co.uk/community/
The censored bit is a r r s e without the spaces  - is is the site of the Army Rumour Service Network
Welcome to the forum from Devon by the way.
« Last Edit: 12:44:32, 19/05/20 by ninthace »
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:02:33, 19/05/20 »
Can't help you with your query, but welcome to the forum anyway  :)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:24:46, 20/05/20 »
Hi and welcome.

Presumably you have contacted the Three Peaks Challenge web site to ask them who it was.
Very clever of whoever owns the site, there is no name or contact details, to set up a limited company and then give the impression that they are the 'official' 3 peaks organisation.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:05:05, 21/05/20 »
Hi

First post on here

I've noticed on the 3 peaks website it has a record set by the British Army in 2011 doing the National 3 peaks challenge, 3 times. I've tried to google some more information about it, but got zero. I wanted to see if anyone on here knew anything, in regards to routes they took, times, or anything

I've tried to contact the company, but no luck so far, and contacting the army, but unless I have some basic info like participants, they don't know where to start looking

Thanks

Hey there

It's highly likely if they're going for 3x N3P that they'll be taking the easiest routes, which means Wasdale route up Scafell, Pyg track up Snowdon and the Tourist track up Ben Nevis.

Not sure about the record, it's very doable though, particularly since you get nice rests between the peaks.  The challenge is more about staying awake, but if you know you're doing it 3x then 'planned sleeps' become much easier.

If they were doing it with army issue kit weight that's fair enough though!

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:29:43, 22/05/20 »
Helicopter in between - Easy! ;D