Author Topic: Attacked By A Large Dog Today  (Read 2232 times)

Toxicbunny

Re: Attacked By A Large Dog Today
« Reply #45 on: 11:55:37, 03/06/20 »
No never in public he's always on a leash in public places. Hes a sled dog breed.
I take him to a parkour which I hire private for a good run. Plus I scooter jor with him.  I live rural so i can walk him on a 30ft leash on permissive access land. Plus I have a garden just under 1/2 an acre which he can run about in.  Hes always under control and well trained and gets plenty of exercise. Certain breeds are not off leash dogs.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 12:04:47, 03/06/20 »
No never in public he's always on a leash in public places. Hes a sled dog he's always on a leash.
I take him to a parkour which I hire private for a good run. Plus I scooter jor with him.  I live rural so i can walk him on a 30ft leash on permissive access land. Plus I have a garden just under 1/2 an acre which he can run about in.  Hes always under control and well trained and gets plenty of exercise.

Horses/dogs for courses
So many paths, so little time

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 21:17:26, 03/06/20 »
I went running in the rain today (I was soaked) and met a young woman dog walker with 5 medium-sized dogs running loose around her, two of them were muzzled. As soon as they saw me they were running around me, they were playful but the two with muzzles worried me for a few seconds. She called them back (she had treats in her hands) but as I passed her she said nothing and just turned her back on me. I wasn't annoyed, perhaps she thought I was?

When I got back to the car park at the end of my run, an old couple standing by their car started laughing because all they could hear at every step I took was my feet squelching. We had a chat and they were amused as well because my running tights were wet though (they were a bit saggy) and were covered in grass seeds.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 21:25:50, 03/06/20 »
I went running in the rain today (I was soaked) and met a young woman dog walker with 5 medium-sized dogs running loose around her, two of them were muzzled. As soon as they saw me they were running around me, they were playful but the two with muzzles worried me for a few seconds. She called them back (she had treats in her hands) but as I passed her she said nothing and just turned her back on me. I wasn't annoyed, perhaps she thought I was?

When I got back to the car park at the end of my run, an old couple standing by their car started laughing because all they could hear at every step I took was my feet squelching. We had a chat and they were amused as well because my running tights were wet though (they were a bit saggy) and were covered in grass seeds.
Living the life of Riley  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 07:16:14, 04/06/20 »
She called them back (she had treats in her hands) but as I passed her she said nothing and just turned her back on me. I wasn't annoyed, perhaps she thought I was?

She may have turned her back to keep the dogs attention focused on herself rather than you.

Saggy soggy running tights :o

So many paths, so little time

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 11:26:52, 04/06/20 »
Thinking back you may be right about her focussing on the dogs. It was the muzzled dogs that grabbed my attention.

I admit it, saggy running tights are really embarrassing!  :-[