Author Topic: Boot arriving creased at toe?  (Read 1733 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Boot arriving creased at toe?
« Reply #30 on: 22:24:20, 18/08/20 »

Read the posts early on in the thread again. A poster appeared to have done some research and gave a subtle indication. Sssh!  ;) 

It was only an educated guess, I don't actually know.

Once you've got your replacement boots you'll be able to go outdoors and enjoy the countryside.

Misty

« Reply #31 on: 22:54:56, 18/08/20 »
Thank you for all the really good advice, some of which I have taken on board to practice and apply in future situations too! I have ran out of time to reply properly this evening (it is time to do the essential nightly check under my pillow for spiders!), but just wanted to say thank you to everyone - all of your replies have been helpful and very much appreciated - and to let you know that I did take some notes and ring them again (to no avail, Mrs Firm but Fair obviously needs a little work!), but will be returning them for a full refund. (Hopefully I won't need to start a 'charge back' but I am so glad to know about this, thank you!).

P.S... i did mention the name of the company in an earlier post, but it is not possible to go outdoors and enjoy the countryside when there are, erm, GRIZzly bears playing some kind of SPORT...
« Last Edit: 08:07:24, 19/08/20 by Misty »

Misty

« Reply #32 on: 08:05:59, 19/08/20 »
I finally got a reply yesterday, after 11 days, 3 emails and 2 phone calls: They seem to be of the same mindset as Mr Misty (there's nowt wrong with them, what are you fussing about?!)

"Please accept our apologies for the delay in a reply.

I understand your concern regarding the creasing of the leather but if you are able to overlook the difference in the boots then I cannot see there being an issue with the performance.

Please return your purchase using the label we have provided if you simply cannot bear the difference and we will replace upon their return, we are unable to send out another pair before you do this I am afraid to say."

I suppose that is fair enough? They may well be correct in that the performance would not be affected and I am sure after I have worn them for a bit they will be much more worse for the wear, but I am going to return them for a refund anyway for peace of mind. In the meantime (and I can already hear the groans of "you fool!" I have actually ordered another pair (the same boot!) from them as they were really comfy and I find it really hard to find boots to fit. I should obviously just have done that immediately instead of all this dithering around whilst waiting for them to reply!

If anyone else has any experience with this company,  good, bad or otherwise, I would be interested to hear.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:41:11, 19/08/20 »
I can already hear the groans of "you fool!" I have actually ordered another pair (the same boot!) from them as they were really comfy and I find it really hard to find boots to fit. I should obviously just have done that immediately instead of all this dithering around whilst waiting for them to reply!

I didn't say that but I have to admit that I was thinking it but at the end of the day it's your money and your decision.

It definitely wouldn't have been my decision especially after the extremely poor customer service you have received and I will stick with my original advice for you to take your business elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you receive another pair in exactly the same condition as they obviously seem to think it's acceptable to sell brand new boots in that condition but you may be lucky.

Put Grisport into the Google custom search box at the top right on every forum page and it will list all the posts containing Grisport. Also check reviews elsewhere on the internet.

I hope it works out for you and please report back when the new boots arrive.

Misty

« Reply #34 on: 17:02:13, 19/08/20 »
Update: My faith is restored in Grisport - I just unexpectedly received a full refund for the boots ahead of their return and a very kind email apologising for the customer service I had received. They said it was disappointing for them too and not their usual high standard. They reiterated again how much Covid -19 had affected their workplace as they have stayed open but, until last week with only 40% of the usual staff. In this case, I fully believe them. I think sometimes as customers we expect too much - there is a fine balance to be walked between standing up for our rights and being a decent human being.

I understand your reasoning Kinkyboots, but I really wanted to give these another chance as they fitted so well - I have tried on so many pairs over the years with no luck!

I don't know much about walking boots (despite walking every day for years!) but I hope that these boots will be as good as I can get in the price bracket that I can afford. I read a lot of reviews of Grisport boots before I purchased these and it seems that people are generally happy with them and pleased with the quality. Only time and many miles will tell, but here's to hoping they will serve me as well as my 8.99 Lidl welly boots that have carried me up and down many a boggy fell, (and through forest, field, moorland, marshland, shoreline and road!)

:)

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 17:23:52, 19/08/20 »
That's good news re the refund and the fact that someone in the company has had the gumption to realise that their level of customer service was unacceptable on this occasion and offered an apology.

If you haven't already posted the boots back to them it might be a good idea to hang on to them until the replacements arrive in case you need to "borrow" one to make a good pair.

shortwalker

« Reply #36 on: 17:28:31, 19/08/20 »
Misty, I have Grisport walking boots and love them. so much so that a week later I got soms Grisport shoes as well. Both brought from a local cobler. [/size]I found the gel insoles a handy addition to  the boot, but found they lifted my foot to much in the shoe.

I use the grisport polish cream to keep them waterproof and the protector spray on the none leather parts

Misty

« Reply #37 on: 22:05:18, 19/08/20 »

If you haven't already posted the boots back to them it might be a good idea to hang on to them until the replacements arrive in case you need to "borrow" one to make a good pair.

Yes, I had already considered that!

Misty, I have Grisport walking boots and love them. so much so that a week later I got soms Grisport shoes as well. Both brought from a local cobler. [/size]I found the gel insoles a handy addition to  the boot, but found they lifted my foot to much in the shoe.

I use the grisport polish cream to keep them waterproof and the protector spray on the none leather parts
Thank you Shortwalker, that is really encouraging to hear! Mine are a waxed boot so I got the Grisport waterproof cream to treat them with. I am glad that you love them!

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 17:29:46, 22/08/20 »
Any signs of wear, however minimal, on what is advertised as a brand new set of walking boots, is simply not acceptable.
Over the years, Ive purchased quite a few new, still in the box, walking boots, and THERE should be no visible signs of any wear on them.

The only reason a crease mark, has been placed on the boots, is that someone has already worn them, most likely trying them on for size in the shop.

Unless you can get a discount or reduced price for them, then i would simply ask for my money back.

There's the Trade Descriptions Act, something described as new, especially walking boots, should have no signs of being worn.

Brand new unworn boots, should never have any evidence of being on another person"s foot, if it has, then their ex display, or nearly new, and should not cost full retail price.

Misty

« Reply #39 on: 18:37:40, 22/08/20 »
Thank you Dyffryn Ardudwy,

In the end I bought another pair of the same boot and returned the pair with the creased boot for a full refund. The company refunded in full before I had even posted them back, so that was good. I am really happy with the replacement pair, and although so far I have only taken them on a short walk around the village, I can confirm that they are still not creased! I am sure they will become creased in time but at least it will be my foot doing the creasing!!

It was really helpful getting feedback from this forum, as although I was concerned about the creasing my partner dismissed it and thought I was being ridiculous so I probably wouldn't have pursued it without everyone's verification that they shouldn't look like that straight out of the box! I have had more second hand than new boots in my lifetime so this was a big deal for me! Thank you again.

:)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 18:48:04, 22/08/20 »
Any company that refunds a customers money, without any query, recognises there's a problem.
If truth was known, they knew the boots had been on someones feet, but tried to pass them off as new, and unworn, and thought the new owner would either not notice.

A lot of people would simply have headed for the hills, either not realising the boots were ex stock or returns, and nobody would be the wiser.

You got your money back, and that was the most important thing.

Stay safe, and pay North wales a visit ASAP

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 18:55:58, 22/08/20 »
So Misty you've got the boots sorted,  where are you going walking?

Misty

« Reply #42 on: 19:42:41, 22/08/20 »

Any company that refunds a customers money, without any query, recognises there's a problem.

Stay safe, and pay North wales a visit ASAP
To be honest,  I am pretty sure they weren't aware of it until I emailed them photos and rang them. I love North Wales and definitely hope to go back some day.

So Misty you've got the boots sorted,  where are you going walking?
I will just be rambling around my local North Cumbrian landscape for the most part, with a few trips further afield for "proper walks" and to explore new routes! We are lucky here as we have easy access to the Pennines and Northumbria as well as the Lakes and Scottish borders.   : :)