Author Topic: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout Northern Edges  (Read 1455 times)

harry_keogh

I actually did this walk back in April last year. The photos have been sat on the computer ever since and I've just got around to writing it up. It's a long walk and makes a nice alternative to the more popular Edale Skyline. This post isn't quite as personal as my usual post due to it being so long ago - it's a bit more instructional. I think the only thing I really remember well was the fact I skipped breakfast then stupidly left all my food in the car. By the time I realised, it was too late in the walk to go back so I did the whole thing on an empty stomach!

Full route description: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout North

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Re: The Great Ridge and Kinder Scout Northern Edges
« Reply #1 on: 07:10:23, 18/08/20 »
That looks a grand round, nice photos. You must have been a bit weak at the knees by the end, doing it without food!

MkPotato

« Reply #2 on: 13:24:47, 27/08/20 »
Blimey, I knew that route was doable in theory, but itís a huge undertaking! Itís both a long distance and a lot of ascent.

Great report.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:30:35, 31/08/20 »
Thanks for posting!  I'd forgotten Mam Tor and chums was on my hit list and you've given me an idea for a linear route  O0

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:17:19, 13/09/20 »
Great photos, I remember walking Mam tor earlier this year, these photos brought back fond memories O0  Kinder is on my to do list :)

harry_keogh

« Reply #5 on: 13:43:27, 22/09/20 »
Blimey, I knew that route was doable in theory, but itís a huge undertaking! Itís both a long distance and a lot of ascent.

Great report.
It's a fair slog! I always like to feel half dead or in pain at the end of a walk though - otherwise I don't feel like I've done enough! Many will walk for pleasure but I do it as much for a hard workout to counter the many hours I spend on my [censored] behind a desk during the week. I have realised though that my site is somewhat lacking in short walks so I may start trying to add to that a bit more... Maybe I could do two short routes in a day instead of one big one.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:40:28, 20/10/20 »
I have just noticed this after looking for some info` on Ladybower reservoir and its surrounds . Indeed that is a long hard slog by the looks of it. Well done. Great photos.
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith