Author Topic: Treating a Sore Callus  (Read 233 times)

PatrickJ

Treating a Sore Callus
« on: 00:35:40, 10/09/20 »
With just a few days before my 12 mile charity walk I've developed a bit of a sore callus on the outside edge of my big toe.  I believe my casual Geox shoes are the cause rather than my walking boots.

Both of my big toes seem to have formed these calluses , a ridge of hard skin running down the outside edge however only the left one is a little sore at the end j- ust on the crease where the toe joins the main foot.

Is there anything I can do to treat ahead of Sunday and should I do anything on walk day to ensure it doesn't become a big problem (ie use a blister paste or something).

Any advice welcome, I dont want a slightly sore toe to ruin Sundays event for me.

Thanks

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Treating a Sore Callus
« Reply #1 on: 09:50:15, 10/09/20 »
I have used something like this before, more to protect my big toe when going downhill, but may work for your problem
https://lloydspharmacy.com/products/lloydspharmacy-toe-protector

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:14:01, 10/09/20 »
In the olden days when I suffered from blisters, etc I tried one of those toe protectors, unfortunately, it didn't work for me. In the end, the only thing that did work was when I started to buy women's boots which accommodated my narrower ankles with better grip. In my case I've had a build-up of skin on my little toes, one of my little toenails came off, one of them bled from under the nail, that time, about 10 years ago was bad but it's long behind me now.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:54:37, 10/09/20 »
Get a pumice stone on it.  It's just hard / dead skin.  Fine grade sandpaper will do if you don't have a pumice stone. 

Some people are more prone to it than others due to the way they walk (I get it on the outside of my little toe and the inside of my heel because I twist my feet causing friction within the shoe).

Is the search over if you find nothing?
https://snailspacewalks.blogspot.com/

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:29:42, 10/09/20 »
Get a pumice stone on it.  It's just hard / dead skin.  Fine grade sandpaper will do if you don't have a pumice stone. 

Some people are more prone to it than others due to the way they walk (I get it on the outside of my little toe and the inside of my heel because I twist my feet causing friction within the shoe).

Yup,  O0  This is what I have done a few times. Usually on the base of my feet when lumps and bumps have started to develop.

PatrickJ

« Reply #5 on: 14:53:36, 10/09/20 »
Thanks, will give it a go.  I have a blister plaster on today that's doing a good job or keeping it from being aggravated.