Author Topic: Are Landrover walking shoes any good .. or the ones from Decathlon  (Read 406 times)

wbmkk

I've just logged in to this forum after quite a few years away as I intend backpacking again next year. last time was in 2008 /2009 (see my previous posts)

First job is to get a bit fitter, so some local walks will be a starting point.

Although I used to walk in leather boots, I'll probably just start now in some 'walking trainers'

My daughter said she saw some in her local Deichmann store, made by Landrover. I never knew Landrover made shoes  .. are they any good ?

I bought items in the past from Decathlon, who seem to have some good products. Are their walking trainers any good ?

thanks !

Ferret

Don't know about shoes but I've got some lightweight Decathlon boots which are very comfortable for day walks. Not sure how they'd stand up to the rigours of a backpacking trip though.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
I walked in the Pyrenees a couple of years ago wearing a pair of Decathlon walking boots, they were fine though not as waterproof as they claimed. They did dry quickly however and the soles looked as good as new even though I had clambered over all sorts of rocky terrain. I threw them away in the end because one boot cracked from the sole edge to the over toe fabric area.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
I doubt landrover make shoes anymore than they make the bikes with their name on them. Likely to the the same generic rebadged stuff you get at places like Trespass or Sports Direct. I could be wrong.

Decathlon stuff is usually OK. Never top of the line but rarely awful and almost always decent value. They are also very good on returns even after some time. Returns are easy if you use the free Decathlon card when you buy.

wbmkk

OP here ... thanks for your replies

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
If the shoes are anything like the cars, then they will be fine for the rough stuff but break down or have bits fall off quite often.