Author Topic: Illuminating walk...  (Read 342 times)

Dodgylegs

Illuminating walk...
« on: 12:42:45, 31/10/20 »
About this time last year I was near Blackpool so went to see the famous Illuminations, parking at the first free car park found, North Promenade, Cleveleys at north end, entertaining tram ride all the way to the southern end, then walking back. Beautiful warm evening watching the sun going down over the Irish Sea as I walked. Extremely busy with lots of excited children about. Lovely 9 mile walk.
Last night decided to have a gentle stroll along Sunderlands Sea Front to see their unfamous Illuminations, bit of a difference as very few people or cars about. Illuminations were OK, but I came across  one of those strange people who for their enjoyment was driving along shouting abuse at everyone he passed.
Met a very distressed and angry lady (with her husband) who had just been treated to this appalling behaviour. Trying to calm her we had a chat, which seemed to help.
As there cannot be too many similar cars on the road, reported to police.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
« Last Edit: 17:30:26, 31/10/20 by Dodgylegs »

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Illuminating walk...
« Reply #1 on: 18:43:43, 31/10/20 »
Some people are just sad and on occasion feel the need to abuse others.  I have a sports car, some times people walk up to me and complement me on the car, some times people hurl abuse as they drive by.  I note that those who serve up the abuse are generally in vehicles and not in a position to be challenged, were as those that offer complements walk up close before offering their opinion. Draw your own conclusions from that.  :)

Dodgylegs

Re: Illuminating walk...
« Reply #2 on: 22:57:43, 31/10/20 »
Abuse in any form is terrible, but at least from cars with number plates they can be reported.

What type of sports car do you drive BuzyG? from someone with an interest in cars.