Author Topic: How long does it take you to get going in the morning?  (Read 1065 times)

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
Re: How long does it take you to get going in the morning?
« Reply #15 on: 18:26:44, 10/11/20 »
Camping - Anything up to half an hour.
Wake up, get dressed, get out of sleeping bag, pack bag and mat and anything else inside the tent away. Get up. Drink some water and refill bottle. Eat some biscuits while enjoying the view. Do teeth. Collapse and put away tent. Start walking.

In a building - Anything up to an hour or four.
Lie around for a while. Check weather. Decide what to do. Get up. Shower. Get dressed. Cook breakfast. Eat breakfast. Drink and fill bottle. Do teeth. Pack. Start walking or go shopping or decide it'll be better in the afternoon.
My usual pattern when staying in a hostel or similar is get up early, have a good 6 hours on the hill, have lunch back at the hostel and then the afternoon can be tourist things, shopping, or writing.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

harry_keogh

« Reply #16 on: 21:59:03, 15/11/20 »
Wild camping: however long it takes me to pack my tent up - which I start doing 5 minutes after waking.

Going walking from home - About 30 minutes, after I've had a coffee fix. Everything else is already packed and in the car the night before.

Working - Now I work from home, I start 5 minutes after waking up. That's my official start time anyway - I actually spend the first 30 minutes staring blankly at my laptop screen trying to remember what I do for a living.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 15:31:11, 22/11/20 »
I need to show this thread to my hubby. He thinks I take far too long to get ready but Iím positively speedy compared to most of you lot!  ;D If weíre doing a multi day walk I speed up as the days go by, and as weíre always B&Bing the cooked breakfast is where the majority of the time goes. If weíre walking from home an hour is probably all I need. Quick wash and dress (shower when I get back), sort feet, porridge for breakfast, make sarnies if needed, check rucksack and go.

Stube

« Reply #18 on: 16:39:43, 23/11/20 »
Perhaps I should clarify.I'm interested in the get up and off times when camping.

At home it's typically 30-40 mins for wash, shave, dress, cook/eat breakfast and off. 15-20 mins if I skip breakfast - a really bad idea.
I don't know where the other 60+ mins go to when hikeing, although I like my comforts since I'm usually out for a least 4 days at a time and generally  8+ days.

Viclikestowalk

« Reply #19 on: 11:51:26, 24/11/20 »
When Iím camping, itís normally at least an hour, but thatís time to fit in 2 cups of tea and to use the facilities twice.

I normally shower at the end of the day so just need a quick freshen up in the morning.

If itís raining and because I camp in a phoxx 1.2, Iíve been know to be up and about in as little as 20mins, just pack up and go and find somewhere sheltered for a cup of tea along the way.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 07:44:53 »
Iíve never timed it, but ages. I like a hot meal and coffee. I try to keep the tent tidy but fail and waste time looking for things only to find Iíve put them somewhere where ďI wonít forget themĒ

A couple of hours Iíd say.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 11:38:28 »

Working - Now I work from home, I start 5 minutes after waking up. That's my official start time anyway - I actually spend the first 30 minutes staring blankly at my laptop screen trying to remember what I do for a living.

Only the first 30mins.  ;D  I spend most of my day doing that.