Author Topic: Ambling round Alcester for 11 mile .  (Read 357 times)

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Ambling round Alcester for 11 mile .
« on: 20:33:58, 17/12/20 »
Trees , clouds , blue skies , a tractor , ploughed fields and a ford that isn`t .  :)
It was another sodden day underfoot but blue skies above , so it worked out just fine .

I took a walk in an area I was last in maybe 15 years ago . I appreciated this area of Warwickshire back then , but the other day , so very much more .  I was a tad reflective , what with all that is going on I seem to want to dally longer than ever , while walking .

The Library at Alcester .

Freshly ploughed fields all ready for the year ahead .

Looking back toward Withycombe wood , betwixt Alcester and Stratford Upon Avon .

Another look back at the woods .

An electric tractor....no engine but it has two batteries .. :)

Mud , mud , glorious mud .

A ford that isn`t .

Leading back toward Alcester .

A final view toward Alcester and within an hour the light began to fade .

Thanks for having a gander . Walking is wealth .

« Last Edit: 20:54:42, 17/12/20 by GinAndPlatonic »
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Ambling round Alcester for 11 mile .
« Reply #1 on: 21:09:12, 17/12/20 »
Looks like a good walk in nice weather.
Though we all now know that you just go out looking for the muddiest path you can find  so that you can have an excuse to play with your boot polisher.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:20:14, 17/12/20 »
Looks like a good walk in nice weather.
Though we all now know that you just go out looking for the muddiest path you can find  so that you can have an excuse to play with your boot polisher.
It was great...You have outed me though . >:(
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:18:21, 18/12/20 »
Not had much time this week to look at the forum but I will always spare 5 minutes to look at your lovely pics G&P  O0 That is pretty decent mud, pleb will appreciate it I'm sure  :)
"Who would've thought...... you are light and darkness coming through" words by Tim Armstrong

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:46:41, 18/12/20 »
Looks like you had another lovely mooch G&P  O0

The electric tractor needs to be in the quirky curiosities thread  :D

Laugh in the face of adversity
https://snailspacewalks.blogspot.com/

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 08:34:29, 19/12/20 »
Lovely pics G&P - some mud though!

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:15:29, 19/12/20 »
Glorious views - I won't mention the M** and intrigued about the impassable ford
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10:12:02, 19/12/20 »
Not had much time this week to look at the forum but I will always spare 5 minutes to look at your lovely pics G&P  O0 That is pretty decent mud, pleb will appreciate it I'm sure  :)

Thanks April , I`m sure we are all experts in types of mud and clag this last month or so .... :o

Looks like you had another lovely mooch G&P  O0

The electric tractor needs to be in the quirky curiosities thread  :D

Thanks Mel , yes that tractor really piqued my curiosity .... O0

Lovely pics G&P - some mud though!

Thanks , yes plenty of mud to share all round. !

Glorious views - I won't mention the M** and intrigued about the impassable ford

Look at this Jac  !  ....This guy was brave enough to go through on a motor bike...from what I read , the water levels must have been low at that time....

https://youtu.be/mkOaPjveGzU

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 11:56:39, 19/12/20 »
Look at this Jac  !  ....This guy was brave enough to go through on a motor bike...from what I read , the water levels must have been low at that time....

https://youtu.be/mkOaPjveGzU

:o  No doubting that sign!
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:00:43, 19/12/20 »
An interesting report G&P. What is blue sky? In northeast Scotland, we have darkness that eventually lifts to gloom, before retreating back to darkness again. The gloom is sometimes punctuated by drizzle or heavy rain.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 12:13:51, 19/12/20 »
An interesting report G&P. What is blue sky? In northeast Scotland, we have darkness that eventually lifts to gloom, before retreating back to darkness again. The gloom is sometimes punctuated by drizzle or heavy rain.
Thanks...Hopefully us southerners can send you some sunshine up there . !  It can be dark here at 3.30pm when there is heavy cloud so I can only imagine what it is like in your neck of the woods  .. :o