Author Topic: A local breezy , bumbling walk between Chaddesley wood & Bromsgrove .  (Read 657 times)

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member

I took another local , lovely 10 mile walk in Worcestershire , around Dodford , Dordale and Chaddesley Wood , starting at a perfectly situated & empty lay by on the A448 , with just one van there on my return .

Sunny most of the day & with all the clinging mud it felt like double the distance .. All good exercise for the Ol` legs though ..

A lovely sunny start and it looked like there might be a few gates & stiles..there were actually way more stiles than I imagined..

Looking back toward the A448 where I parked .

Some gorgeous open land , considering it is so close to the Urban sprawl of Bromsgrove .

A sign of the times .? I found it rather sad .

There are lots of equestrian centres dotted round this area . I met this friendly fellow along with many more too.

A chair with a view anyone .?

Continuing on with some super views..you know that great feeling from walking on swathes of open rural land ..even if muddy . :)

This is Chaddesley wood . It seems that Ash die back is prevalent there and managing it is an ongoing process , sadly it was introduced from Europe around 2012 & sounds devastating .

A shaded area still covered in frost near Pepper wood which I originally planned to walk in but the heaving car park changed my plans .

Toward the end of my walk and I was thinking about a big mug of tea, and my mate Jim Beam back home .

Thanks for looking . O0
« Last Edit: 09:40:44, 23/01/21 by GinAndPlatonic »
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics G&P
I've been really busy but also a bit mojo-less this year so far. Having seen this I'm determined to get out this afternoon for a bit of a leg stretch.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics G&P
I've been really busy but also a bit mojo-less this year so far. Having seen this I'm determined to get out this afternoon for a bit of a leg stretch.
Thanks .
Grab your mojo and go.. please post a few pics Ridge !  :)
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because it's excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience - Adam Smith

karl h

• Veteran Member
Lovely. Some really nice long range views G&P O0
Friday was a bright day a bit further north from you but a new load of snow has fallen overnight and we are back to winter wonderland :)
show your love for Lady Nature. And she will come back again.
www.karlswalks.co.uk

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Lovely. Some really nice long range views G&P O0
Friday was a bright day a bit further north from you but a new load of snow has fallen overnight and we are back to winter wonderland :)
Thanks Karl.. !
I feel a tad guilty wishing for snow as many have to work through it and in it , but I do love it when there is a blanket of snow and cold enough for it to stick to the branches on trees .
It snowed here for an hour yesterday evening and I cajoled the ladies here , to have a walk out at 8pm last night....huge snow flakes . O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
Glorious views G&P. One to put on the list for when I can visit my daughter in Worcestershire O0 O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Glorious views G&P. One to put on the list for when I can visit my daughter in Worcestershire O0 O0
I was pleased when that sun shone ..if you have the opportunity then pop into Chaddesley wood . There is a fair bit of clearing going on due to Ash die back , but if that settles I think it will still look really nice , the powers that be seem to have a clever knack in keeping the character of the woods together .. O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Lovely TR - strange colour sky you have down there.  Ours is a more restful charcoal.

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Lovely TR - strange colour sky you have down there.  Ours is a more restful charcoal.
Thanks ..!
Yes , that charcoal sky visits here on the odd occasion ....makes us Midlanders restful...well , personally , just too bone idle to venture out .  O0

April

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics G&P  O0

Sad about the horses  :(

What is the hill in the distance on the Chair with a view pic?
"Who would've thought...... you are light and darkness coming through" words by Tim Armstrong

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics G&P  O0

Sad about the horses  :(

What is the hill in the distance on the Chair with a view pic?

Thanks April . Yes my naive mind says ...who would give away horses... :-[

I think it might be Clee and Titterstone Hills . I am not sure but that pic was taken looking roughly west I believe .

Great question !... I have just been looking at the direction the shadows were cast and checking the time that photo was taken...am feeling like Inspector clouseau .  O0
« Last Edit: 17:54:03, 23/01/21 by GinAndPlatonic »

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics of England's Green and Pleasant Land. Bit of a wallow, though!

I think that it is the Malvern Hills that are visible from the chair.
« Last Edit: 18:24:35, 23/01/21 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Lovely pics of England's Green and Pleasant Land. Bit of a wallow, though!

I think that it is the Malvern Hills that are visible from the chair.

Thanks Richard .

Indeed it was a long wallow . !

ps Richard I would think the Malverns were SW at 1pm when I took the pic...in line with the shadow of the chair .

I just realised the time on my camera is 1 hour ahead...not adjusted for time saving so I guess it probably is  :)
« Last Edit: 19:30:11, 23/01/21 by GinAndPlatonic »

fernman

• Veteran Member
Hehe I know the A448 very well, it's my "meandering" route home from N Wales. There's some lovely countryside along there, and the name Chaddesley Corbett always catches my eye when I pass it. Nice photos G&P, you had a good day for it - but is that frost still on the grass in the last but one pic?

GinAndPlatonic

• Veteran Member
Hehe I know the A448 very well, it's my "meandering" route home from N Wales. There's some lovely countryside along there, and the name Chaddesley Corbett always catches my eye when I pass it. Nice photos G&P, you had a good day for it - but is that frost still on the grass in the last but one pic?
Thanks, I had done a couple of walks from Chaddesley Corbett many years ago and it was nice to go along a few of the footpaths once again..yes frost on the grass .Some of the ground was semi frozen all that day . It helped in places as it made a change from sinking into the wet mud..!