Author Topic: Allowed out to Roam!  (Read 579 times)

PansyP

Allowed out to Roam!
« on: 11:44:14, 23/02/21 »
Has anyone worked out from the announcements yesterday when weíll be allowed to walk outside outside our local area? I donít want to stay out overnight or travel vast distances; maybe 20-30 miles. Last time we were given a specific announcement on when we could cast caution to wind and exercise with gay abandon, this time there doesnít seem to be that indication. I donít want to meet a hoard of people or even another person, but if I have to walk the same 8 miles for much longer I think Iíll lose my faculties 😄.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Allowed out to Roam!
« Reply #1 on: 12:05:47, 23/02/21 »
Keep an eye on the Government website that Boris mentioned a few times yesterday, he said it would be updated regularly.
No mention, as far as I am aware about "out of area" recreation. In fact even the allowance to meet up with another was hedged with the fact the it had to take place in your own locality, starting from your own front door.

As long as the death rate keeps dropping, that's the main thing eh?
Too many of us have lost friends and close relatives so far. Better to be cautious than have another major clampdown, I believe.

Edited to add link(I think this is the one, others may correct me, please)
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
« Last Edit: 13:44:13, 23/02/21 by jimbob »
Too little, too late, too bad......

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:18:47, 23/02/21 »
29 March if all goes according to the road map /plan
What's the roadmap for lifting lockdown? - BBC News
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

MkPotato

« Reply #3 on: 13:46:36, 23/02/21 »
By March 29th, itíll be all go. Hancock as good as said, even though he says theyíd recommend staying local.

Before then ie 8th March, it will actually depend in how much wiggle room there is in small print ie what is advisory, what is the law, and how prepared the individual is to do a Cummings.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:26:56, 23/02/21 »
I saw this in the Guardian, what struck me wasn't the sites as such it was the prices! Maybe they are pretty average and I'm the one completly out of touch, but I hate paying more than £10 a night for a 6' x 4'  area of grass. I'm planning more wild camps this year. I hadn't put my mind to thinking that more people will be planning a 'staycation' this year so maybe I shouldn't be surprised? I wonder if the sales of tents, motor caravan, and towing caravans have gone up as well?

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/feb/23/12-of-britains-best-new-campsites-and-glampsites

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 22:28:52, 24/02/21 »
Political posts and their replies have been removed. General Walking Discussion is only for discussing walking related issues.