Author Topic: Where will yours be?  (Read 2939 times)

Skip

• Veteran Member
Re: Where will yours be?
« Reply #30 on: 19:46:19, 23/03/21 »
. . . The case numbers are consistently high and have plateaued around 5k a day.  . . .  I can't be more positive yet . . . foolhardy to consider a mass unlocking event.

Sadly, I agree with you Ninthace - we are not out of the woods yet by a long way. I put my trust in doctors, epidemiologists, virologists, and other scientists not in the boasts, bombast and boosterism of politicians.
Skip

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 19:52:38, 23/03/21 »
I agree, itís all too woolly to name a day, which is why I asked WHERE your first walk will be, not WHEN.
For me "where" will be a function of "when" .
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 20:13:36, 23/03/21 »
Aye......thankfully I knew the way  ;D

:P

... sad, but true  ;D

Actually, thinking about it, Mel did ask for a 'hike' and I answered with a scramble. 

Don't worry about it FMOP.  If your first day walk foray is going to be/include a scramble then that's fine.  I was thinking more along the lines of a multi day hike takes a bit more planning and might not necessarily be a first post lockdown walk once we're let out of our prison cells.

"Do Not Touch" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille
https://snailspacewalks.blogspot.com/

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:49:45, 24/03/21 »
With the original post asking about a "day walk after lockdown is lifted", I have no problem with saying when.

Our first post lockdown walk will be "a familiar place thatís just a bit too far away at the moment" because, unlike many, we've taken the requirement to stay at home seriously and haven't decided it's been necessary to drive somewhere to exercise.

My wife is taking a few days off work to take advantage of the easing of restrictions, and early next week (before schools break for Easter) we plan to drive a few miles to do our marathon countryside circuit of Canterbury. I plotted the route weeks ago in anticipation...

Mines a pint

« Reply #34 on: 09:53:08, 24/03/21 »
 The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes The Lakes. I think I`ll probably head somewhere near the Lakes! :) Living in Bury we do have lots of local walking,but the Pennines are just not as dramatic or beautiful as,well,I`m sure you can guess ::) ........

Regards,Richard

Warbler

« Reply #35 on: 14:54:07, 25/03/21 »
I'm thinking Meon Valley, western end of the South Downs, an old favourite of mine. But, to be honest, after 41 local walks from my front door this year, all a variation of the same theme, anywhere will do.

For me though, the easing of travel restrictions on the 29th couldn't have come at a worse time as I start a new job the day after  :( . I was originally going to start on 12th January but the company couldn't justify doing inductions during lockdown. Jan, Feb and March would have been an ideal time to bang a load of working hours in.

Such is life, eh!
« Last Edit: 14:59:26, 25/03/21 by Warbler »

RAVE

« Reply #36 on: 12:39:02, 26/03/21 »
I'll be out hiking in Scotland the minute Boris Johnson and Angela Sturgeon lift off the lockdown, maybe somewhere snowy - sick of being stuck in the house and going out to talk with my farm animals.   ::)
He was both everything I could ever wantÖ
And nothing I could ever haveÖ

MkPotato

« Reply #37 on: 08:32:00, 27/03/21 »
It appears Wales wonít be allowing us in until 12/4 at the earliest, so that slightly scuppers taking advantage of predicted good weather in Snowdonia.

The forecast is better for The Peaks in the early part of the week, with The Lakes improving later in the week.

To be honest, Iím just going to be happy to get out somewhere.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 08:54:56, 27/03/21 »
Forecast looking good for the Howgills next week  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 09:20:44, 27/03/21 »
I have been watching and plotting the numbers and see the tip of an upward trend which could be the leading edge of the next wave.  I shall do my bit and stay local for the foreseeable unless HMG comes up with a better idea.
Solvitur Ambulando

MkPotato

« Reply #40 on: 18:31:43, 29/03/21 »
Went to Castleton today. Quite a few people knocking around, but it never felt crowded, even on Mam Tor. Most are just grateful to be out, and righty so.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 18:41:25, 29/03/21 »
Nice, MKPotato.

Arranged to meet a friend at Carlingill Bridge at the foot of the Howgills on Wednesday morning....
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 19:08:03, 29/03/21 »
Nice pic MkPotato.  The Mam Tor circuit is on my to do list.

I stopped off on my way home from work to do my favourite foreshore circuit.  Even though I can walk it from home, this (much) shorter version is a wonderful pick me up after being trapped indoors all day.  I have missed squeezing it in before I get home.
"Do Not Touch" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille
https://snailspacewalks.blogspot.com/

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 20:04:14, 29/03/21 »
Nice pic MkPotato.  The Mam Tor circuit is on my to do list.

I stopped off on my way home from work to do my favourite foreshore circuit.  Even though I can walk it from home, this (much) shorter version is a wonderful pick me up after being trapped indoors all day.  I have missed squeezing it in before I get home.
Never heard it called that before...
GET ORRRFFF MY LAAAND

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 07:40:37, 30/03/21 »
 I have missed squeezing it in before I get home.

Oooer, Missus!!!   :-[ ;D
Skip