Author Topic: Hat for a big head  (Read 2780 times)

marmot

Hat for a big head
« on: 20:18:38, 26/12/07 »
Any recommendations for a warm hat for a large head please (It's in proportion - honestly, I think! - I am nearly 6'5"!)?
I've been around nearly all of the shops in Keswick and they're not catering for the the above average it seems.
I just want a normal, probably fleece-with-lining hat, nothing fancy or necessarily with a logo.
Thanks a lot.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Hat for a big head
« Reply #1 on: 12:11:05, 27/12/07 »
Hi my friend has got a bigger then normal head and he wears one by Musto hope this helps  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

marmot

« Reply #2 on: 14:31:11, 27/12/07 »
Thanks, I'll have a look.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:52:10, 27/12/07 »
My partner got a large head, and finds it difficult to get hats for him  that fit's him will he bought one from the TNF which cost about 15:00 pounds and he found it was warm as well.  But lost it later on.  Now he wears   buff and  and a sightly thinner hat from berghaus which cost him 10 pounds from www.gooutddoors.co.uk and said it works just as well. 
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

marmot

« Reply #4 on: 12:21:08, 30/12/07 »
Thanks, the TNF ones were a bit small that I tried, Berghaus were a little better but still a touch small.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:31:03, 30/12/07 »
It depends on the size of you're head really.  My partner head size is a round a size 61 cm which is an extra large,  Now he found the TNF hat just fine.  it just a plain black one and covered his head just fine, Fleece beanie.  It was called there are other try this website out hope it's useful

www.mountainwarehouse.com.

they have one which is a L-XL size called Windy Took Extremities for 21.50 pence which has gore windstopper which doesn't make you look stupid if this didn't fit you could go for a Extremities active X balaclava. 

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:50:57, 30/12/07 »
 ;D My partner got a large head  ;D (sorryW/G )

More so after a night of Rosies  ;D
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:15:24, 30/12/07 »
I have heard they sell quite large hats in Mexico ;D

marmot

« Reply #8 on: 10:07:53, 02/01/08 »
I've ended up getting a cheapie - a Gelert / Thinsulate stretchy fleece one with a lining, it's slightly too small, but livable with, and surprisingly warm for the money.